GEN 1 RCV Axles on a Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's pretty good, I didn't see that - back when I bought these they weren't on any web page. Luckily, in function, they don't actually suck. Except that they are vacuum actuated, and that sucks.

Also, and I know how chintzy this sounds, but I had to put little washers between the IWEs and the knuckles to get a TINY more clearance so that the IWEs rings weren't engaging all the time. RPG told me to do this, but know that you need to check each side and see if your axles are engaging when they shouldn't be. If they are, add a washer, then possibly a second one after a second check.

Lame as the above sounds, I've beat the crap out of mine with no more issues.

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty good, I didn't see that - back when I bought these they weren't on any web page. Luckily, in function, they don't actually suck. Except that they are vacuum actuated, and that sucks.

Also, and I know how chintzy this sounds, but I had to put little washers between the IWEs and the knuckles to get a TINY more clearance so that the IWEs rings weren't engaging all the time. RPG told me to do this, but know that you need to check each side and see if your axles are engaging when they shouldn't be. If they are, add a washer, then possibly a second one after a second check.

Lame as the above sounds, I've beat the crap out of mine with no more issues.

Having the same issue as you described..... sounds like an easy fix, but first do you mount the wider ring with the thin or thick side out (from the groove)?
I ask because I cant find any mention of this on either RPG's or RCV's websites.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having the same issue as you described..... sounds like an easy fix, but first do you mount the wider ring with the thin or thick side out (from the groove)?
I ask because I cant find any mention of this on either RPG's or RCV's websites.
Craaaaaaaaaap. I don't remember. I had the same confusion and had to guess based on appearance. I later confirmed through RPG that I did it correctly - though it was over the phone so I can't find the correspondence. I recommend calling them - I think it was Corey, to make sure you get the right answer. Without having them in front of me I'm afraid I'll remember wrong.
You are correct. There was no mention and they don't come with instructions. It's annoying.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of stock axles taken off at 43k miles. If anyone is interested in buying them then message me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Craaaaaaaaaap. I don't remember. I had the same confusion and had to guess based on appearance. I later confirmed through RPG that I did it correctly - though it was over the phone so I can't find the correspondence. I recommend calling them - I think it was Corey, to make sure you get the right answer. Without having them in front of me I'm afraid I'll remember wrong.
You are correct. There was no mention and they don't come with instructions. It's annoying.

Dane, what did you use for the vacuum line? Did you find some rubber hose that fits the nipples?