raptor vs. new tundra trd pro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its kind of disrespectful to yourself to be driving a toyota truck. In USA, you drive Ford, GM, or FCA trucks not some poser brands trying to make money out of you.
I hate to break this to you, but Ford is trying to make money out of you. All companies are. Ford does some things I hate. All companies do. It's all about the money.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to break this to you, but Ford is trying to make money out of you. All companies are. Ford does some things I hate. All companies do. It's all about the money.
Yah, but the difference is, Ford, GM, and FCA push innovation into their trucks. The f150, ram1500 and silverado/GMC is their cash cows. Theres a reason ford doesn't make sedans anymore.

They make their money from their trucks, and they invest into the their trucks to earn that profit.

When toyota makes a truck, its them trying to get some of that north american truck profit, without really putting in the same amount of effort the big USA big 3 make. They are just posers. toyota trucks are the perfect example of "just mail it in" kind of a product.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When toyota makes a truck, its them trying to get some of that north american truck profit, without really putting in the same amount of effort the big USA big 3 make. They are just posers. toyota trucks are the perfect example of "just mail it in" kind of a product.
Of course they are. Wouldn't you pick up free money? Toyota built their reputation at the low end at a time when US marques were producing unreliable crap at the low end. The kids who bought Toys then now have money to burn and they love Toyota. Why shouldn't Toyota take their money? I would.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Of course they are. Wouldn't you pick up free money? Toyota built their reputation at the low end at a time when US marques were producing unreliable crap at the low end. The kids who bought Toys then now have money to burn and they love Toyota. Why shouldn't Toyota take their money? I would.
Our government shouldn’t be letting them get away with it in the first place; they’ve failed to enact legislation to maintain fair trade across multiple industries for decades. Many of those industries no longer exist in the U.S. for that reason. The auto industry is one of the last we have left. The Japanese manipulate their currency to gain a competitive advantage over domestic companies. That allows them to profit billions of a product that a competing US manufacturer would take a loss on. It’s unethical and just plain wrong, never mind the fact that their automotive market is closed to foreign competitors.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Our government shouldn’t be letting them get away with it in the first place; they’ve failed to enact legislation to maintain fair trade across multiple industries for decades. Many of those industries no longer exist in the U.S. for that reason. The auto industry is one of the last we have left. The Japanese manipulate their currency to gain a competitive advantage over domestic companies. That allows them to profit billions of a product that a competing US manufacturer would take a loss on. It’s unethical and just plain wrong, never mind the fact that their automotive market is closed to foreign competitors.
Yeah, well it looks like we're going to make all of the same mistakes with China, only harder and faster. Maybe @Oldfart will share some of his lube stockpile with us so that it won't hurt as bad ...

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the only reason Toyota makes the Tundra is to satisfy loyal Toyota customers who need a full size pickup. These individuals would never consider purchasing a full size truck produced by the Big 3 domestic truck manufacturers. Toyota steadily sells around 100k Tundras a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.