raptor vs. new tundra trd pro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironpeddler

Reaction score
Anyone here cross shopping the raptor and the new tundra trd pro??

I know the pricing is not out yet on the tundra trd pro but fully loaded might be around $65k which is basically where the raptor pricing starts...is anyone here considering the tundra?

Reactions: G Q

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read an article on the new Tundras the other day. I think the waiting list for the TRD Pro is now 14-18 months. So, about the same as the deliver times on a Raptor after ordering.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not on the same level. But I will say the new tundra uses the Landcruiser platform (for the first time ever).

Drivability of Toyotas have always lagged behind Ford IMHO. And if the Tundra TRD PRO truly is $65k, you would need to be on a lot of crack to pay that much.

And of course, the above does not apply to the best all around vehicle in existence: The Landcruiser

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The t UrD pRO is a Tremor/Rebel competitor. Not a Raptor/TRX competitor. You’d be a fool to buy a japanese pickup; never mind one that costs $65k and doesn’t even have full time 4WD.

Last edited:

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’d be a fool to buy a japanese pickup
That's a little harsh isn't it? To each his own. I agree it's no Raptor/TRX competitor. The TRD Pro is more geared toward slow forest trails and mall parking lots. If that's your thing, then go for it. Especially since it will probably get 6-8 mpg more than a Raptor, making it better for long trips for some people.

I'll just sit here and patiently (ok maybe not patiently) wait for my 22 Raptor to get built...

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a little harsh isn't it? To each his own. I agree it's no Raptor/TRX competitor. The TRD Pro is more geared toward slow forest trails and mall parking lots. If that's your thing, then go for it. Especially since it will probably get 6-8 mpg more than a Raptor, making it better for long trips for some people.

I'll just sit here and patiently (ok maybe not patiently) wait for my 22 Raptor to get built...
As a former tundra owner who is graduating to a raptor I’ll just say this. People spend the money on Toyotas for the reliability not for options they probably don’t need. I say this as Lexus/Toyota is again both in the top 3 consumer reports reliability list. Ford? You don’t want to know (and neither do I lol)

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a former tundra owner who is graduating to a raptor I’ll just say this. People spend the money on Toyotas for the reliability not for options they probably don’t need. I say this as Lexus/Toyota is again both in the top 3 consumer reports reliability list. Ford? You don’t want to know (and neither do I lol)
Toyota is no more reliable than anything else, they’re just outdated. People buy Toyota’s based on the false pretense of “reliability”. The fact that you cite consumer reports is comical; their data is not even statistically significant. You can’t survey only your own subscribers and pretend that data represents the larger population. Remember, CR is the same rag that rated the Pontiac Vibe lower in reliability than the Toyota Matrix. That tells you all you need to know.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The U.S. manufacturers built the best pickups on the market and always have. The fact that anyone would send their money to japan for an inferior product is just ignorant. Once again, you can’t compare the T uRD pRo to the Raptor, it’s a Tremor competitor. In which case it does not get better fuel economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.