raptor vs. new tundra trd pro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadurham88

Reaction score
I own a tricked out '18 Tundra and I'm moving to a Ford Raptor because the 2022 Tundra redesign is horrible. Tundra owners typically just trick out the SR5, but with the 2022 its gonna cost too much coin to put lipstick on that pig.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Toyota has a history of only using well proven technology. They are never on the cutting edge for dependability reasons, hence the Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) battery pack. Their vehicles are designed around Toyota QDR principles (Quality, Dependability, Reliability). Everything from electronics, sensors, battery tech, etc.

The 6th generation hybrid system on the Tundra Pro has been well proven on the Hino commercial trucks.
They try to copy the best of what the competitor does, engineer it to oblivion, add a Toyota flair, combine these elements together & then barely touch/engineer that design for 10, 15, 20+ years in some cases.

Their last gen tundra design dates back to 2006 for 2007, and didn’t really change a lick- it had some of the best attributes of the big 3 trucks, but by the time they changed the Tundra the competition went through 2-3 model cycles already! 4 for GM I think!!

There’s 0 coincidence their new 1/2 ton has a ttV6 like the last couple gen Ford lineups lol

They know what pays the bills though- trucks & SUVs & commuter cars, not sports cars….so they were devoting so much energy on those money makers, they couldn’t bother to deal w/ making a new version of one of their most iconic vehicles from the ground up, passed on that opportunity like biggest group of beta cucks I’ve ever seen!!! Completely put it in BMWs hands, then dialed up some sheet metal & chassis parts & called a BMW Z4 a Supra.

Imagine for a minute, if you will, the idea of GM asking BMW to make 80% of the new vette? Or Ford asking Mercedes to design the new GT, oh & btw….can we also borrow one of your engines? Bahahahahahhahahahhahahahahjaha

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a tricked out '18 Tundra and I'm moving to a Ford Raptor because the 2022 Tundra redesign is horrible. Tundra owners typically just trick out the SR5, but with the 2022 its gonna cost too much coin to put lipstick on that pig.

The Tundra build website went live today. I built out a Limited 4WD CrewMax with the 5.5 bed and it was $63k. I did the same with an SR5 and it was $50k. Yikes!!!

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Tundra build website went live today. I built out a Limited 4WD CrewMax with the 5.5 bed and it was $63k. I did the same with an SR5 and it was $50k. Yikes!!!
I don't get it? Pricing doesn't seem bad. They're all super expensive

cadurham88

Reaction score
I don't get it? Pricing doesn't seem bad. They're all super expensive
So, take the $50k SR5, which is closer to mid $55k with options, and add 3-6 inch lift kit, new rims, new tires and new front grill kit and your easily at $70k. Not many people are going to buy a Tundra for the price of a base Raptor.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Our government shouldn’t be letting them get away with it in the first place; they’ve failed to enact legislation to maintain fair trade across multiple industries for decades. Many of those industries no longer exist in the U.S. for that reason. The auto industry is one of the last we have left. The Japanese manipulate their currency to gain a competitive advantage over domestic companies. That allows them to profit billions of a product that a competing US manufacturer would take a loss on. It’s unethical and just plain wrong, never mind the fact that their automotive market is closed to foreign competitors.

100% Agree. A company's job is to sell products and services at a profit. They aren't there to make sure trade is fair and in the best interest of the US economy. That's the job of the government. Unfortunately, politicians are usually motivated by what voters want right now, usually cheaper goods, and not long term health of the economy.

That said, there's nothing wrong with products coming from other countries that are cheaper, if it's done in a fair market. But if the country doesn't have the same regulations that US companies have to live by, has human rights issues, or other issues that create an unfair market, government needs to respond accordingly, whether that be tariffs, sanctions, or at the very least ensuring that buyers know what they are buying.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly it’s sad these guys like Fordtechnical-difficulties-one and Twizzledicks have there heads so far up their rear ends. Toyota is almost as much American as Ford at the moment which is sad but my hope is that one day it changes back to the old days again. Ford is all about the 100% electric 2030 goal, and that is why this administration loves them. Hell the President even visited Farley and drove a damn lightening.

Yes 2021 Ford Raptor will be a much better truck then trd pro as well, no denying there but if you think Raptor owners are mad now about no V8, wait until gen 4 or 5 when the Raptor only comes in electric. Lol
What’s that party boy? Let me know when any foreign country makes this list, let alone your precious Toyota. Keep reading your sponsored “articles” on cars.com. Toyota is not American in the least, they just exploit our economy as a massive profit center. But as you claim, “all of the R&D for the Tundra is done in the US” :rotflmao:

Attachments

• 9A414716-EA37-4CF2-9FE0-0CFF2C5A2120.png
    9A414716-EA37-4CF2-9FE0-0CFF2C5A2120.png
    245.5 KB · Views: 21

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is like the Silverado ZR2. Its not a Raptor competitor (Even though GM thinks and market's as such) Its on the same level as the TRD Pro and Tremor. The Tremor to me is the better truck over the former 2 trucks I mentioned above. GM still doesn't offer an extended range fuel tank. That has been my turn off from GM for quite some time. I do like that Ford has the 36 Gallon tank standard on Raptor and Tremor. (Screw)

I did try really hard to like Toyota TRD Pro, but its always come back to the fact that you still are not getting anything close to what Ford has been offering. I won't get a Toyota Truck. As of right now, when the time comes I will be trading in my GMC Canyon on a Ford Truck Hopefully a Raptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.