Raptor-R Spotted in the wild....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrTorque

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$90K for base MSRP? No way. A base Limited is $71k. The TRX starts at $70k. I don't think they can charge $20K more. A fully loaded Raptor will be approaching 90, but I'm assuming the 37s package is around $7k or something.
I’m thinking 90 because loaded gen 2’s were 80ish weren’t they?so the r versions are usually another 12-15k in other fords I think so I’m thinking 80plus another 10 or 15 for the R idk just speculating

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking 90 because loaded gen 2’s were 80ish weren’t they?so the r versions are usually another 12-15k in other fords I think so I’m thinking 80plus another 10 or 15 for the R idk just speculating

My truck has every option sans graphics package and it was 75k

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the move to electric, hybrid, yada yada yada, I cant help but think of Mad Max....the last of the V8 Interceptors, 600HP to the wheels..... this V8 will command a top dollar from Ford, now if only the dealers don't try to **** buyers....

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you think the Gen1 was more aggressive looking than the Gen2 you are looking at pictures of unicorns my friend...LOL...The Gen 1 was nice...the Gen 2 was finally a muscle truck and the gen 3 is more capable but they dumbed it down a bit...kinda like the Gen 1...bad ass truck except for the similarity to the Gen 1....kind of a gen 1 gen 2 mash up...either way much less desirable than what so far has been the pinnacle of styling in the Gen 2

I think this may be more about which gen you have owned in the past. No problem. I really enjoyed the gen 1 - loved it because it was different than the normal f150. Gen 2 looks fine to me - just was out of the buying pool because I did not like the drivetrain. Granted the Gen 2.5 (if we can really call it that) is not much different, but new paint colors and options make it more attractive. Now, the R is what really sets it apart. From the pictures it definitely seems more substantial looking.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Mitsubishi? Talk about out of left field. No reason Ford would follow a failed Japanese manufacturer's business strategy.

As far as the 5.0, it lacks the low end torque for a 6,000lb+ truck on 35" or 37" tires. It's much better suited to a Mustang than a Raptor. The low end torque of the EcoBoost is one of the reasons it works so well in this application. The Predator 5.2's powerband also suites the Raptor well, with plenty of torque available low in the rev range.
Mitsubishi a failed company??? You might want to take another look. Their market cap is more than 10x more than Ford. There are 40 major companies under the Mitsubishi umbrella.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mitsubishi a failed company??? You might want to take another look. Their market cap is more than 10x more than Ford. There are 40 major companies under the Mitsubishi umbrella.

I'm referring to Mitsubishi Motors, which is a failed company. They have been effectively bankrupt twice, first in 2004 when they were bailed out by parent "Mitsubishi Group" and then in 2016 when they were bailed out by Nissan absorbing them into their "alliance" after their global fuel economy scandal. Mitsubishi products are and have always been complete garbage, their sales are near the bottom, and their brand is worth nothing.

It would have been better to just let the brand die, but that does not align with japanese culture. They will support all of their domestic companies at any expense to maintain the GDP of their small island, regardless of losses. In the case of Mitsu, Nissan stepped in before the Japanese government did. In the case of the others, they're all government subsidized.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think this may be more about which gen you have owned in the past. No problem. I really enjoyed the gen 1 - loved it because it was different than the normal f150. Gen 2 looks fine to me - just was out of the buying pool because I did not like the drivetrain. Granted the Gen 2.5 (if we can really call it that) is not much different, but new paint colors and options make it more attractive. Now, the R is what really sets it apart. From the pictures it definitely seems more substantial looking.

How does the new Raptor go from you refer to as a "Gen 2.5" to a "3" simply by a different engine? You're not making any sense.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet the only way to order an R is basically loaded....and approaching 100k

Your right- No way they gonna let people order it like an 800a and check the 700 hp v8 box. They will force 802a and it’s will all come “ standard “ on the R. At least let us pick no glass roof at least ford. Going crazy here maybe- graphic delete please. Maybe a different hood and a nice R badge bottom right of tailgate. What about 37s they gonna make those an option also? I am thinking they don’t want any more stress on the drivetrain and won’t do it.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your right- No way they gonna let people order it like an 800a and check the 700 hp v8 box. They will force 802a and it’s will all come “ standard “ on the R. At least let us pick no glass roof at least ford. Going crazy here maybe- graphic delete please. Maybe a different hood and a nice R badge bottom right of tailgate. What about 37s they gonna make those an option also? I am thinking they don’t want any more stress on the drivetrain and won’t do it.

R is going to be fully loaded. Including 37s. You don't leave the premium wheel/tire package off of the top of the line model. I think it will come in south of $100k, but not by much. They have to recoup their testing costs on a relatively small number of vehicles. Anyone who thinks they're getting one for $80k is delusional.