Raptor-R Spotted in the wild....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
R is going to be fully loaded. Including 37s. You don't leave the premium wheel/tire package off of the top of the line model. I think it will come in south of $100k, but not by much. They have to recoup their testing costs on a relatively small number of vehicles. Anyone who thinks they're getting one for $80k is delusional.

I was going to be a smartass and suggest that you'll eventually be able to get an R a couple years from now for $80k...but then again, maybe not. If they have more HP than the TRX and produced in limited numbers, then they should maintain their value for a long time. Heck, my '17 has a higher value now then when I bought it two years ago.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Heck, my '17 has a higher value now then when I bought it two years ago.

Actually, it doesn't have a higher value. It's lower. It's worth more dollars. That's not the same thing. When the number of dollars in circulation goes up, the value of each goes down and everything appears to cost more. In reality, everything costs the same as it did before, it's just that a dollar won't buy what it used to and it takes more dollars to buy anything. Printing money is stealing from those who save and giving it to those who borrow.

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, it doesn't have a higher value. It's lower. It's worth more dollars. That's not the same thing. When the number of dollars in circulation goes up, the value of each goes down and everything appears to cost more. In reality, everything costs the same as it did before, it's just that a dollar won't buy what it used to and it takes more dollars to buy anything. Printing money is stealing from those who save and giving it to those who borrow.

Exactly - inflation sucks.... the voting group that propelled Biden to the WH are partly to blame for this.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your right- No way they gonna let people order it like an 800a and check the 700 hp v8 box. They will force 802a and it’s will all come “ standard “ on the R. At least let us pick no glass roof at least ford. Going crazy here maybe- graphic delete please. Maybe a different hood and a nice R badge bottom right of tailgate. What about 37s they gonna make those an option also? I am thinking they don’t want any more stress on the drivetrain and won’t do it.

Not so sure, you can order a TRX to be 71k with barebones everything. I considered it but I do like the Raptor's looks better so sticking with Raptor for my next purchase. I do think spending that kind of money you should get a little bit more luxury but some people do just like performance and everything else is secondary.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your right- No way they gonna let people order it like an 800a and check the 700 hp v8 box. They will force 802a and it’s will all come “ standard “ on the R. At least let us pick no glass roof at least ford. Going crazy here maybe- graphic delete please. Maybe a different hood and a nice R badge bottom right of tailgate. What about 37s they gonna make those an option also? I am thinking they don’t want any more stress on the drivetrain and won’t do it.

I would buy the R if the sunroof delete was an option alone. I have never opened mine.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I meant value in terms of absolute dollars. Even then, inflation is a factor yes, but isn't rarely going to be greater than depreciation. We have inflation now, possibly worse in the near future, but I don't think it fully explains why I can sell my Raptor for more than I paid for it. Raptor's are holding value very well right now, in comparison to other vehicles.

And to be fair, I realize that Gen 2's are in somewhat of a bubble right now, since the supply is very limited in between Gen 2 and Gen 3 models, as well as general limits on vehicle production. We can expect values to drop a bit if Gen 3s are released near Gen 2 MSRP with enough supply to meet demand.