Raptor-R Spotted in the wild....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am surprised that Ford is going through the trouble of doing some minor cosmetic changes for the R. That adds cost and doesn't seem like it would add to the marketing. Unique badging and decals, sure, but hard to imagine that a slightly different grille and wheels are going to make the truck easily recognizable to the average truck guy out there. That said, I guess grillses and wheels are pretty easy to produce.
the people who buy the R dont primarily care about cost and want it to be clearly different from the standard raptor.

and if ford makes these a limited run, expect msrp to be higher than the trx.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the people who buy the R dont primarily care about cost and want it to be clearly different from the standard raptor.

By 'cost', I was referring to cost of producing the vehicle, not the sale price. And I don't really see wheels and grille doing much to differentiate between R and standard Raptors...not as much as badging and decals would.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
huh? How are you able to tell this R raptor from this base Gen 3 from the camo pictures shown? The wheels are different yes, but I hardly think that gives it that much of a unique look, from the standard Gen 3.

The wheels look like the 37" beadlocks to me on the "base" raptor

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just confused because it said they were unique new wheels when they look the same as what is going to be offered with the 37s. Maybe it is the finish although I don't know that anyone would even realize the difference enough to be unique. Does anyone else mention this besides fordauthority? Just seems like another clickbait article to me