Raptor-R Spotted in the wild....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like normal traffic to me... Not going complaining about it but also not going writing home about it either.
Wow - are you kidding? Do you know what an ecoboost raptor sounds like? This is obviously a v8... you may want to get your hearing checked if you can’t hear it.

Jax L

Reaction score
Wow - are you kidding? Do you know what an ecoboost raptor sounds like? This is obviously a v8... you may want to get your hearing checked if you can’t hear it.

Do you know what sarcasm is? We are on the internet... Enjoy your weekend.

RTG

Reaction score
R is going to be fully loaded. Including 37s. You don't leave the premium wheel/tire package off of the top of the line model. I think it will come in south of $100k, but not by much. They have to recoup their testing costs on a relatively small number of vehicles. Anyone who thinks they're getting one for $80k is delusional.

What is the speed rating of those BFG KO2 37 Inch tires? 37/17” tires are heavy and I don’t know of any rated past 99MPH. Expecting the highest level of power and 37” might not be physically possible. Raptor R sounds pretty stupid if governed at 99 MPH.

TRX is limited to 118MPH due to the speed rating of their lighter 35/18” tires. Those are the highest rated 35/18” ever made. 37” are much heavier and harder to make high speed friendly.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, although BFG did make the Gen 2 tires for the raptor specifically as a C Rated 6 ply 315/70/17, they used to be an E rated 10 ply tire in that size. Could they, would they be able to make a high speed ( over 110/115 mph ) 37 Inch tire? If Ford only builds a couple thousand R trucks Or Regular Raptors on 37s Each year is it worth the R&D to do that? I guess we will find out. 115/120 mph on 37s is fasttttt.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m more than comfortable topping out at maybe 95 miles an hour with the squishy tires and the squishy suspension on a flying brick.

Lol, pretty much! I've done 160 in an SUV and that was fast for that type of vehicle (Cayenne GTS), lowered stock suspension. A truck? 100 would be my max honestly, maybe 110 but nothing more.