Raptor-R Spotted in the wild....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeak11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds awesome. However, it does not sound like the 5.2SC.... definitely sounds like the 7.3, or could be the mystery 6.8 that the Ford union boss was alluding to many months ago.
I can't say what it sounds like other than it doesn't sound like the 3.5. wouldn't the exhaust setup and tuning change the sound of any motor? I'm not saying you're wrong. Asking for someone to educate me on what I'm hearing other than it sounds deeper than a v6.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree- does not sound like a 5.2, Sounds deeper like a 7.3. Iam no expert but have heard both engines. I would rather it be the 7.3. That’s a lot of power, 700 plus, to put through truck abuse with that small of engine displacement.
Doing simple math the 5.2 engine would be working about the same as the eco boost HO if it had approx 600 horsepower. You have to wonder at over 700hp the reliability with some miles on it. 100k mile warranty....After three raptors I may finally say......Yes please