Raptor-R Spotted in the wild....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorAddict1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good find. Interesting about the grille being different. The camo on the fenders leads me to believe they will be different from the standard Raptor as well. Beefed up trailing arms are cool as well. Good to know they are taking their time and doing it right and not just slapping a Predator in the engine bay.

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These pictures make the Raptor a bit "beefier" looking. It looks distinguishable now from the base raptor, and more agressive looking like the gen 1 was. Gen 2 looks decent and the gen 3 is ok, but this Raptor R really creates that unique look. Interested to see this launch. Until I am ready to buy a proven performer, I will enjoy my deleted diesel:cool:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am surprised that Ford is going through the trouble of doing some minor cosmetic changes for the R. That adds cost and doesn't seem like it would add to the marketing. Unique badging and decals, sure, but hard to imagine that a slightly different grille and wheels are going to make the truck easily recognizable to the average truck guy out there. That said, I guess grillses and wheels are pretty easy to produce.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These pictures make the Raptor a bit "beefier" looking. It looks distinguishable now from the base raptor, and more agressive looking like the gen 1 was. Gen 2 looks decent and the gen 3 is ok, but this Raptor R really creates that unique look. Interested to see this launch. Until I am ready to buy a proven performer, I will enjoy my deleted diesel:cool:

huh? How are you able to tell this R raptor from this base Gen 3 from the camo pictures shown? The wheels are different yes, but I hardly think that gives it that much of a unique look, from the standard Gen 3.

RonPorter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh? Gen 2,3 is the most aggressive design/look yet. Diesel-meh.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
Don't prototypes often use generic, non-production wheels when testing around town?

I think this article is BS. The exhaust tips are mentioned, but they look the same as the base Raptor. The wheels - see above. And the grille changes? Can't see those under the wrap, so that website is either clickbait or relying on "inside info".