Raptor-R Spotted in the wild....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was just confused because it said they were unique new wheels when they look the same as what is going to be offered with the 37s. Maybe it is the finish although I don't know that anyone would even realize the difference enough to be unique. Does anyone else mention this besides fordauthority? Just seems like another clickbait article to me

You are right, looking at the pics. But the mule doesn't have to use production wheels. As far as the validity of fordauthority, I think they have been fairly reliable, but this is the sort of details that could easily change between now and when the R debuts.

KillerBlackbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Articles like these kill me. They have zero information on what engine will be in the truck.

For all we know the R could be a less expensive version with an NA 5.0 like Mitsubishi did with the Evolution RS. No power windows, lighter weight, etc.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Articles like these kill me. They have zero information on what engine will be in the truck.

For all we know the R could be a less expensive version with an NA 5.0 like Mitsubishi did with the Evolution RS. No power windows, lighter weight, etc.

Mitsubishi? Talk about out of left field. No reason Ford would follow a failed Japanese manufacturer's business strategy.

As far as the 5.0, it lacks the low end torque for a 6,000lb+ truck on 35" or 37" tires. It's much better suited to a Mustang than a Raptor. The low end torque of the EcoBoost is one of the reasons it works so well in this application. The Predator 5.2's powerband also suites the Raptor well, with plenty of torque available low in the rev range.

squeak11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with most of the comments that it looks like the base gen 3 raptor. If they didn't have camo on it I would have just thought it was a regular gen 3 raptor. I don't see anything different in these photos. I guess there's an assumption that the body pieces are different because there is no reason to cover them since the base truck already debuted unless they are different.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

KillerBlackbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mitsubishi? Talk about out of left field. No reason Ford would follow a failed Japanese manufacturer's business strategy.

As far as the 5.0, it lacks the low end torque for a 6,000lb+ truck on 35" or 37" tires. It's much better suited to a Mustang than a Raptor. The low end torque of the EcoBoost is one of the reasons it works so well in this application. The Predator 5.2's powerband also suites the Raptor well, with plenty of torque available low in the rev range.

No one said they were following Mitsubishi. I used it as a reference for comparison in my point.

I’ll say it again, there is zero factual evidence of any kind that Ford is using a “Predator” in the R. None. The only confirmation we have is Ford acknowledging it will have a V8 in a comment in an Instagram post. These web pages that post shit like they know something everyone else doesn’t need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ford did the same marketing stuff before the gen 2 came out. Its called creating interest,, they dribble bits and pieces of info out there and everyone starts buzzing and talking about it then before too long that fat ass price they slap on it isn't such a big deal because everyone's gotta have that truck.. brilliant marketing strategy

OP
OP
gobluejd

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Possible but neither definitely indicate the R for prototypes. They could just as easily be trying out different things for the 35 versus 37 tire package
Too late. It’s not the 2021 Raptor. It’s ready and or just starting production. You don’t try major components this late in game. The line to manufacture has been completed for months.