Question for those w/ +3HDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheInfamousDrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So did we ever get an answer on how the ride is with HDs and no weight in the bed?
I tow occasionally but usually have no weight in bed.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So did we ever get an answer on how the ride is with HDs and no weight in the bed?
I tow occasionally but usually have no weight in bed.
I have +2 HDs with OE springs in the front (no mods), so same rate, less lift. Ride is slightly more firm, but not significantly where you are wanting to throw stuff in the back just to smooth it out. I like them. I do notice the dampening could be bumped up after the swap though as in normal mode I can feel the diffence front to rear is just a smidge out of balance. This is just me though and I suspect most would never notice. I will end up with one of the live valve controllers at some point.

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have softened up a bit or I’ve just gotten used to them. Not too bad but definitely stiffer than stock. To the point of the above poster, it throws off front/rear rebound balance a bit so when not in sport mode, if you hit big dips on the highway the front bounces more than stock. For reference, I have oem springs up front

I didn’t recognize controllers were an option. Wouldn’t mind fixing the balance issue. Then I’ll be stoked on them.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 18 so no live valves here.
Thanks for the input guys.
Ah, missed that. Then when it comes time for a rebuild, let whoever you use know and they can adjust the shim stack accordingly. OR, you can do it yourself if you know what you are doing. However, it’s really not that noticeable. Especially after a week or so of getting used to it.