press gas pedal, won't move

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pla748

Reaction score
I got 2018 ford raptor gen 2, first owner, runs well but lots of little issues, wasting lots of time in dealership repairs.
since this Tuesday, I found a problem.
when I make hard stop then press gas pedal to accelerate, the engine just make humming sound, but the car won't move. Just like the pressing pedal while the clutch not engaging. I have to fully release the gas pedal, then press it again to move.
is this a sign of problem with the transmission system or just software protection setting on the engine?
thanks

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Under hard braking events the ABS will activate what is called Supplemental Braking Assist. This provides additional pressure to the braking system to stop the vehicle as quickly as possible. It will remain active until the vehicle is completely stopped and possibly a couple seconds afterward as pressure is bled off. During that time the brakes will be fully applied, so stepping on the accelerator will just rev the engine.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Under hard braking events the ABS will activate what is called Supplemental Braking Assist. This provides additional pressure to the braking system to stop the vehicle as quickly as possible. It will remain active until the vehicle is completely stopped and possibly a couple seconds afterward as pressure is bled off. During that time the brakes will be fully applied, so stepping on the accelerator will just rev the engine.
well shit.... did we just discover how to do a brake stand on the gen 2?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's the price you pay for those who can't push on the brake pedal hard enough.

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
thanks. Wish this is the reason. As long as it’s not a transmission issue, I can live with this. I’ll keep an eye on it

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
I think it’s more of a ‘can’t push it fast enough’ that’s the issue.
Yeah, that’s my concern.
If it happens again, I prefer dropping by dealerships again. My first Ford. So disappointed. Clicking mirror, leaking door seal, molded carpet, … Never stop seeing dealerships. My friend’s toyota tundra never had any issue. Sigh

Last edited: