Grinding noise from engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Took the delivery of R 6 months ago and put 2600 miles on the truck. Recently I noticed grinding noise like lawn mower (without severe vibration) from engine when driving sporty. Specifically when put 50% gas, then lift to 10% gas and then put to 50% gas again, the noise starts. It goes off when gas is completely lifted and never notice it again in the same drive.

Normal drive mode, 2H, 50-60mph @ 3.5-4.5 krpm.

Any thoughts on this problem? Thanks.

Edit 1: suspect it’s clutch or supercharger (just feeling)

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi,

Took the delivery of R 6 months ago and put 2600 miles on the truck. Recently I noticed grinding noise like lawn mower (without severe vibration) from engine when driving sporty. Specifically when put 50% gas, then lift to 10% gas and then put to 50% gas again, the noise starts. It goes off when gas is completely lifted and never notice it again in the same drive.

Normal drive mode, 2H, 50-60mph @ 3.5-4.5 krpm.

Any thoughts on this problem? Thanks.

Edit 1: suspect it’s clutch or supercharger (just feeling)
why not skip the internet troubleshooting and take it to the dealer as its under warranty right? Even if someone tells you the remedy are you going to wrench on your 150k truck?

mph4

Reaction score
Could be something else like a loose trim piece as well that's causing the sound based on resonating with engine speed or throttle?

As suggested, I'd take it to the dealer. Yay warranties.