3rd gen squeak when I press gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDMCTR00

Reaction score
Dealer said my waste gate actuator is bad(driver side). Supposedly they need to change the whole turbo assembly because Ford sends it as a whole unit.

Romes86

Reaction score
Looking at my paperwork now, it shows they only replaced the WG actuator not the whole turbo assembly as they stated.

Hey y'all. I picked up my 2023 Rap a few weeks ago. I just rolled 500 miles. Ive started to notice a weird squeak sound when I press the gas. I haven't heard it for the prior 400 miles. Its only when I initially press the gas. I can't tell exactly where its coming from, but it sounds like its right below me / exhaust maybe. Occasionally It'll do it when it shifts. And its only a quick squeak. But its every time I initially touch the gas.

Is this normal? Something in the exhaust blowing off? Ive tried rocking the truck to see if it’s suspension, and nothing happens. Only on the gas or occasionally during a shift. Just want to make sure this isn't a thing that people are experiencing and it’s an exhaust leak or something.
did your squeak sound like this? I may be having the same issue but service rep I’m working with is convinced it has something to do with the exhaust.
It’s 100% a squeak. I just noticed that it also does it when I turn the truck off
Did your squeak sound like this? My service rep that I’m working with currently on my squeak issue is convinced it’s the exhaust.

Attachments

• IMG_0265.mov
    5.6 MB

JDMCTR00

Reaction score
Mine didn't sound like that, it was more of a sharp squeak. Maybe yours could just be worse. Does it make that noise when you turn off the truck or when you push the start button without completely starting the truck?

Does the sound/squeak tone change when you select different exhaust modes? It does sound like it could be coming from the exhaust (flap or valve whatever you call it).

Last edited:

Romes86

Reaction score
Mine didn't sound like that, it was more of a sharp squeak. Maybe yours could just be worse. Does it make that noise when you turn off the truck or when you push the start button without completely starting the truck?

Does the sound/squeak tone change when you select different exhaust modes? It does sound like it could be coming from the exhaust (flap or valve whatever you call it).
I can only get this squeak to replicate when the exhaust is set to the Baja setting and the engine is up to temp. It’s driving me nuts man. It’s at the dealer now. The service rep is certain by replacing the exhaust actuators and springs it should solve the problem.

But no. Never hear it on start up or shutdown. I have heard it pressing the accelerator from a red light and going over some speed bumps but like I said only when the exhaust is in Baja. Appreciate the response!

JDMCTR00

Reaction score
I can only get this squeak to replicate when the exhaust is set to the Baja setting and the engine is up to temp. It’s driving me nuts man. It’s at the dealer now. The service rep is certain by replacing the exhaust actuators and springs it should solve the problem.

But no. Never hear it on start up or shutdown. I have heard it pressing the accelerator from a red light and going over some speed bumps but like I said only when the exhaust is in Baja. Appreciate the response!
Sounds like it's the exhaust actuators.

Romes86

Reaction score
Just wanted to pass an update. Squeak was solved by replacing the exhaust actuators and springs. I also had a TSB performed for the pro power onboard. From what I know, a few components on the generator were causing the module that communicates with TPMS and key fob to malfunction. Issue was solved with some insulation tape.