press gas pedal, won't move

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s my concern.
If it happens again, I prefer dropping by dealerships again. My first Ford. So disappointed. Clicking mirror, leaking door seal, molded carpet, … Never stop seeing dealerships. My friend’s toyota tundra never had any issue. Sigh
Why are you going to bring it to the dealer for normal operation caused by a self induced issue? There’s nothing to fix.

Mirror clicking issue has a service bulletin with software update. Why is your carpet “molded”? Don’t listen to the Toyota fanboys. They’re idiots who buy 15 year old outdated vehicles and then say it’s “reliable” because their cassette player hasn’t broken. Go on the tundra forums and you’ll see all the same issues and worse. Especially the repeat cam tower oil leaks that require the entire top end of the engine to be disassembled.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it’s more of a ‘can’t push it fast enough’ that’s the issue.
In a panic stop, there's basically zero time betwen your foot hitting the surface of pedal and the piston fully bottoming out in the master cylinder.

I believe the brake boost is for people who just don't fully push the pedal to the floor in a panic stop and get into rear end collisions they could have avoided. Either they are too short, too weak, injured, or they don't like the ABS feedback feeling.

Has Ford progressed to the point of using the collision avoidance system to precharge the brakes and run them tight to the discs prior to application yet? All the high end German junk has had that for a while now.

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s my concern.
If it happens again, I prefer dropping by dealerships again. My first Ford. So disappointed. Clicking mirror, leaking door seal, molded carpet, … Never stop seeing dealerships. My friend’s toyota tundra never had any issue. Sigh
All acendotal stories. Conversely my 10 year old Raptor has never mechanically failed or leaked water into the interior.

In general the F150 lineup is extremely reliable and durable in every aspect. Up and down the line, all of the engines, transmissions and axle combos are strong. The bodies are good, the electrical is good. Just because you had an issue with your truck doens't change the overall stats any.

All man made things can have problems, that is why the manufacturers offer a warranty.

If Toyota made better trucks than Ford, they'd sell at least as many trucks as Ford- but it's not even close. The fact that they have only two trucks for sale and the Tundra is their most capable truck, is downright laughable when you look at the current offerings from Ford, GM and Ram.

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
Why are you going to bring it to the dealer for normal operation caused by a self induced issue? There’s nothing to fix.

Mirror clicking issue has a service bulletin with software update. Why is your carpet “molded”? Don’t listen to the Toyota fanboys. They’re idiots who buy 15 year old outdated vehicles and then say it’s “reliable” because their cassette player hasn’t broken. Go on the tundra forums and you’ll see all the same issues and worse. Especially the repeat cam tower oil leaks that require the entire top end of the engine to be disassembled.
You are right, all listed issues aren’t fatal, but very annoying. I have to get it fixed at dealer, because it’s still under warranty. DIY might void the warranty. Even the dealer changed new mirror parts and upgraded firmware, the mirrors are still clicking now. LOL

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s my concern.
I’ll give you fifty bucks for if; just to take it off your hands.

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
update on 6/15:
went to dealership on Monday, here is the result.
1-Cause/Action to Take
CEL - EEC TEST NO DTCS RUN OASIS ROAD TEST VERIFED CONCERN HAS TRANS SHUTTER PRINT OUT ATTCHED TO RO
1 - Correction/Action Taken
Verified torque converter failure. vehicle will be kept in line. (NOT HERE)

repair is in long waiting list, dissappointed.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty simple fix though, overall.

Probably not the first 10 speed they've pulled from an F150 either given they've been in the fleet for 8 years now- so at least the mechanics might know what they are doing in there and hopefully not screw up wiring harneses and vacuum harnesses on the back of the engine, the tcase, and top of the trans as part of the removal and reinstall work.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty simple fix though, overall.

Probably not the first 10 speed they've pulled from an F150 either given they've been in the fleet for 8 years now- so at least the mechanics might know what they are doing in there and hopefully not screw up wiring harneses and vacuum harnesses on the back of the engine, the tcase, and top of the trans as part of the removal and reinstall work.
Boy you had to go and plant that seed, didn't you :)

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
called dealership several times to confirm where I am in the list. the answer is always "no idea", might be next year. LOL
how Ford service is too bad like this ?

Mossy 150

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you should sell it and get a Toyota.
Only way to make a fan boi happy by the sound of it.
Nobody likes whiners.