GEN 2 Corrupted PCM????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrokenRaptor

Reaction score
So my 2018 Raptor has had the occasional problem of every couple of months giving me many warning lights and every electrical device turning off in the car while I’m still able to steer and press the gas and brake. About a month ago it happened again this time worse I’m assuming the truck went into limp mode. The next day I took it to a mechanic shop and they replaced the brake boost sensor and another sensor ( can’t remember the name). When. I went to pick up the truck I was told that I would need to replace the trucks computer by a ford dealer. I then took it to a dealer and was told that it looks as if the cars computer is corrupted as the nothing is showing on the diagnostic tools. I was then called and told that they will update the cars software and see if it fixes the problem. Then I was called and told that the computer has an extra module (remote start) and they will remove it and hopefully it fixes the problem. It’s been over 2 weeks of them working on the truck and it seems like everything they try does not work. Can anyone help me out on what might be the problem and what to do? I need the truck back soon and every time I call they say it will be done this week but it never is. Sorry for the long explanation just frustrated with all the problems it’s having. Thanks in advance.

Here are two videos on what’s been happening:

OP
OP
B

BrokenRaptor

Reaction score
So my 2018 Raptor has had the occasional problem of every couple of months giving me many warning lights and every electrical device turning off in the car while I’m still able to steer and press the gas and brake. About a month ago it happened again this time worse I’m assuming the truck went into limp mode. The next day I took it to a mechanic shop and they replaced the brake boost sensor and another sensor ( can’t remember the name). When. I went to pick up the truck I was told that I would need to replace the trucks computer by a ford dealer. I then took it to a dealer and was told that it looks as if the cars computer is corrupted as the nothing is showing on the diagnostic tools. I was then called and told that they will update the cars software and see if it fixes the problem. Then I was called and told that the computer has an extra module (remote start) and they will remove it and hopefully it fixes the problem. It’s been over 2 weeks of them working on the truck and it seems like everything they try does not work. Can anyone help me out on what might be the problem and what to do? I need the truck back soon and every time I call they say it will be done this week but it never is. Sorry for the long explanation just frustrated with all the problems it’s having. Thanks in advance.

Here are two videos on what’s been happening:

I forgot to say that this issue only happens every couple of months it’s not a daily or weekly thing.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What kind of
Lighting or accessories? quadraphonic stereo? 8 track? Anything hooked to battery?