2019 F150 Raptor irregular steering, wandering, constant correction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Giles

Reaction score
Have you turned the "lane assist" feature off. The button on the center console directly behind the shifter. You can set the "assist" level from light to fairly heavy. If not used to it it can scare the shit out of you. BTW I have the same truck 2019 Bone stock 44,000 miles.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure sounds like seized up balljoints to me. Basically goes any direction but straight causing you to constantly correct. Would most likely pass a front end inspection because there's no play in anything. They're too tight.

OP
OP
MPS-Raptor

MPS-Raptor

Reaction score
Have you turned the "lane assist" feature off. The button on the center console directly behind the shifter. You can set the "assist" level from light to fairly heavy. If not used to it it can scare the shit out of you. BTW I have the same truck 2019 Bone stock 44,000 miles.
I have turned this off. Even had the dealership unplug it from the wiring harness to see if this would help. The problem is not this. When I turn it on it’s completely different feel.

OP
OP
MPS-Raptor

MPS-Raptor

Reaction score
Sure sounds like seized up balljoints to me. Basically goes any direction but straight causing you to constantly correct. Would most likely pass a front end inspection because there's no play in anything. They're too tight.
Do you have an easy way to check if too tight. Easy to see if loose but not sure on too tight.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have an easy way to check if too tight. Easy to see if loose but not sure on too tight.
The best way would be like was stated earlier and jack the truck up,pull the tires, knock the tie rod out of the knuckle and move each steering knuckle left to right by hand. They should move smoothly and easily.
Check the tie rod stud for freedom of movement also

SK19

Reaction score
I just went through this ! Couldn't drive down the street in a straight line ever , anywhere. Stock 2019 59000 miles. Aligned, installed new tie rod ends, aligned, Gone! Fixed.

Ford in Southern California just holds trucks for two weeks and does nothing to them , so I have been learning a lot about the truck by default. Your steering can be fixed , but Ford Service possibly never in our lifetime, reason enough to sell if you don't wanna DIY. (awesome rant!)

OP
OP
MPS-Raptor

MPS-Raptor

Reaction score
I just went through this ! Couldn't drive down the street in a straight line ever , anywhere. Stock 2019 59000 miles. Aligned, installed new tie rod ends, aligned, Gone! Fixed.

Ford in Southern California just holds trucks for two weeks and does nothing to them , so I have been learning a lot about the truck by default. Your steering can be fixed , but Ford Service possibly never in our lifetime, reason enough to sell if you don't wanna DIY. (awesome rant!)
This is great news! Glad it fixed your issue. I am near the point of selling. But hoping I can fix. How did you determine that tie rod ends were bad?

SK19

Reaction score
How did you determine that tie rod ends were bad?
I got you tube trained (what could go wrong), reached down and wiggled them around which shouldn't be possible, also my drivers side one had leaked all its lube out of the boot and it was hanging out on top of the tie rod end. I bought one new one from "ford parts giant" for about $48, installed it on drivers side , had immediate improvement, ordered the other one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter