3rd gen squeak when I press gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TriGui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all. I picked up my 2023 Rap a few weeks ago. I just rolled 500 miles. Ive started to notice a weird squeak sound when I press the gas. I haven't heard it for the prior 400 miles. Its only when I initially press the gas. I can't tell exactly where its coming from, but it sounds like its right below me / exhaust maybe. Occasionally It'll do it when it shifts. And its only a quick squeak. But its every time I initially touch the gas.

Is this normal? Something in the exhaust blowing off? Ive tried rocking the truck to see if its suspension, and nothing happens. Only on the gas or occasionally during a shift. Just want to make sure this isn't a thing that people are experiencing and its an exhaust leak or something.

OP
OP
T

TriGui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I remote started the truck up today. Noticed water dripping from the exhaust right under center. Its dripping / shooting water out where two exhaust pieces connect. And I can hear the squeak from that point. Looks like a leak batman. To the dealer we go... only 500 miles in.

OP
OP
T

TriGui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is at the dealer, Hopefully they can see it and replicate the noise. I got a feeling its just going to be kicked back to me.

OP
OP
T

TriGui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer said my turbo waste gate actuator is bad. After 500 miles. LOL. Hope this isn't a sign of what's to come. Im hopeful its not.
Replacing with brand new one under warranty obviously.

OP
OP
T

TriGui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed with that replacement. Heres to hoping for no more issues!