PLEASE HELP. Anyone know what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My guage cluster is still on and glowing after the key is removed and after I lock the truck up. I have removed the fuse and the lights go out. I plug the fuse back in and the guage cluster illuminates again. I pulled the hot and negative off the battery post for several minutes and it still comes on after reconnected. What do I do?

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guage cluster is still on and glowing after the key is removed and after I lock the truck up. I have removed the fuse and the lights go out. I plug the fuse back in and the guage cluster illuminates again. I pulled the hot and negative off the battery post for several minutes and it still comes on after reconnected. What do I do?

Anything else happening like dome light staying on, chime going off?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like a bcm problem. also i know if the connector to the center console is unplugged it will turn the guage lights on as well.

OP
OP
Reaction score
thanks for the feedback. today i took the center console apart and looked for anything unplugged. i found nothing. iv tried wd40 in all 4 of the door latches just to see if the door wasnt closing all the way to shut off the gauge lights but still nothing. i did some more research and some people are saying its the shifter. that the truck is not recognizing its in park. meaning if thats the case then the remote start wont work and the reason for the gauge lights not going off. id hate to go buy a $300 part and it not fix the problem.....

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

OH! My tuner is showing code: U0422 Invalid Data Received From Body Control Module

i cleared the code but still having the same issues.
so does the bcm just quit working?

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a thought, check the hood pin. Make sure that it isn't bent down. It is on the drivers side, in the middle of the fender/engine bay.

OP
OP
Reaction score
No issue found with the hood pin.
My interior light doesn't work when I open the door but works if I manually turn it on, my guages stay on constantly with the truck off causing the battery to die, I've noticed my third break light wont work, and my tag lights wont illuminate, and the remote start isn't working. All was fine a few days ago.

Is the bcm the same thing as the ecu ?

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The BCM (body control module) is a module that controls/monitors most electronic things in the truck. Usually when people refer to ECU, they are referring to the PCM (powertrain control module) which controls/monitors engine and transmission related information.

If your third brake light doesnt work, I would check to make sure its not leaking. There are handful of people who have had third brake light leaks causing electrical mayhem.

If your cluster is staying illuminated with the key out, the first things I would check:
-The ignition switch; stick your key in and gently wiggle/push/pull it. If the cluster flickers, you likely need and ignition switch and or tumbler.
-The shifter; shift from park to neutral and back to park several times (like 50 times). Does the 'P' illumiate in the cluster EVERY time? If not, it is possible your 'park detect' or 'brake shift interlock' is not functioning properly. Also listen carefully when you push the brake pedal, you should hear a faint click (brake shift interlock).

Last edited: