Plastidip=Win

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
Look in the plastidip FAQ thread I made. Has a great video for getting clean lines.

But basically, tape it, then spray a HEAVY coat, Nd remove tape as soon as you finish spraying. And it will look perfect.

Here's how mine came out.

zyjutupy.jpg

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should look into that for when i redo my hood. I pretty much used an xacto knife when removing the tape and put a black pinstripe

Last edited:

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally got around it doing my Bumper,Skid,Fenders and rear emblem just need to get the rear bumper done now.

6488-plasti-dip-1.jpg

6489-plasti-dip-2.jpg

6490-plasti-dip-3.jpg

Banned
Reaction score
6.2 did you use the cans to do the hood or a Wagner?

I used cans. it worked pretty good for the large area, aside from the wind kicking dust into it. I really should have removed the hood, and done it inside the shed out of the wind to avoid that, but it was just temporary and didnt need to look perfect.

definately suggest the spray gun though if doing a large area and wanting to keep it. will get you a much better result.

Milez28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever smoothed out plastidip then went over it with another coat or two to get a smooth texture? I did my flares and the texture is uneven everywhere.. some places its smooth, and in other spots it like sand paper.

like in this vid: Smoothing Plasti Dip - YouTube