Plastidip=Win

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milez28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey What was hard about the flares? I need pointers because I'm about to do them

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

its such a large motion to get everything evenly coated the stupid can kept spitting out chunks every now and then and it was just hard to get the texture smooth for me.. i think mostly because i did it outside and the wind affected the spray stream.

few days later i smoothed it out with some thinner and reapplied another coat in the garage with no wind and it came out a lot better..

FYI - after offroading and having branches and stuff scrape the sides of my truck, those marks do not come off the plastidip like they wash off the paint so i wouldnt recommend if you plan on hitting trails with anything scraping the sides of your truck..

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anybody tried the plastidip glossifier? I'm going to be doing my wheels in plastidip soon, but was wondering if the glossifier would give it the wet look?

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just an idea for those of who looking t dip the wheels, or any of those parts, other than probably the grille, I have my own spin on using plastidip since I have been using it for a while. For my wheels, I do the standard plastidip, a nice 3-4 thick coats and let that completely dry. Then from there, I take an automotive enamel paint (gloss black) and do another 2-3 coats of that on top of the dip. That way the wheels don't look dipped and they are not a flat black. If you do it right, it looks like they have been professionally painted. Anyway, with this method, if you don't like or want to remove, you just cut away at the paint and get to the plastidip and you can peel it all off as one, just like plastidip. The paint is much easier to clean than the dip and is a stronger finish. It also doesn't have the tendency to look faded when dirty. Also, you could really use any color you want over the dip as long as the coats are thick enough to cover the base. Just an idea I thought I would share with you all.

I'm actually in the middle of this. Letting my fourth coat of gloss plastidip dry overnight and ill spray it with some super gloss rattle can tomorrow. Going to mask and dip the flares tomorrow as well.

Ragegame15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks pretty slick. Do you have white flares on one side and black on the other?

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like the white especially on the tailgate looks too ricey IMO. I have the ford logo and the camera completely blacked out on mine as well as the F150 logo. Left the raptor badge stock so it stands out more

Sent from my S4