No crank and stranded HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jamie Simpson

Reaction score
Thank you fellas. After I lost my patience yesterday the STEALership now has to deal with my wife who is a corporate executive. They have now decided it is the accessory control module and are supposedly running more tests as the tech thinks that’s not all of the problem. Of course they don’t have one and I’m sure they are about to tell me they can’t get it til next week. I Am making arrangements to get myself and the trailer with the 78 on it home and leave the raptor for them.

I appreciate everyone’s help and offers to give me a ride. You guys are good people.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have mentioned this before, but the Can-Bus system in our trucks is a 2 way electrical communication highway and something that may not seem connected can feed electrical interference into the system preventing modules to send good communication back and forth. This sets off a myriad of codes and warning.

Lets start at the most common issue in the Junction Box... Has Fuse 27 been relocated?
Sounds crazy, but I had a semi burnt Fuse 27 and it created issues with the RCS, Hill Decent, Trailer Brake, Advance Track and ABS modules.
Truck still ran, just threw every warning imaginable every time.

I Pulled junction Box, relocated the fuel pump relay to a new location, cleaned my grounds (there are a lot) and all my issues went away!!!
If you have not done it, start there.

FT1 helped me chase down all kinds of things and in the end this was the fix..3 years later still good.
@FordTechOne ..you remember this one?

1716476220573.png

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Do the Jen Juans have blind spot or earlier tech in the tail lights...? Something that water intrusion might not take kindly to as with the Jen Too trucks that have been hit by that gremlin?

@Jamie Simpson have you had any kind of collision at all - even pulling into a parking space speeds?

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do the Jen Juans have blind spot or earlier tech in the tail lights...? Something that water intrusion might not take kindly to as with the Jen Too trucks that have been hit by that gremlin?

@Jamie Simpson have you had any kind of collision at all - even pulling into a parking space speeds?
On the G1, if water gets in the third brake light it will cause many of the things the OP posted.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have mentioned this before, but the Can-Bus system in our trucks is a 2 way electrical communication highway and something that may not seem connected can feed electrical interference into the system preventing modules to send good communication back and forth. This sets off a myriad of codes and warning.

Lets start at the most common issue in the Junction Box... Has Fuse 27 been relocated?
Sounds crazy, but I had a semi burnt Fuse 27 and it created issues with the RCS, Hill Decent, Trailer Brake, Advance Track and ABS modules.
Truck still ran, just threw every warning imaginable every time.

I Pulled junction Box, relocated the fuel pump relay to a new location, cleaned my grounds (there are a lot) and all my issues went away!!!
If you have not done it, start there.

FT1 helped me chase down all kinds of things and in the end this was the fix..3 years later still good.
@FordTechOne ..you remember this one?

View attachment 455107
Yep! That was definitely an odd one. Good place to check though.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you fellas. After I lost my patience yesterday the STEALership now has to deal with my wife who is a corporate executive. They have now decided it is the accessory control module and are supposedly running more tests as the tech thinks that’s not all of the problem. Of course they don’t have one and I’m sure they are about to tell me they can’t get it til next week. I Am making arrangements to get myself and the trailer with the 78 on it home and leave the raptor for them.

I appreciate everyone’s help and offers to give me a ride. You guys are good people.
The Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) will not cause a no start unless it pulls the HS-CAN bus down, which is easy to determine by simply unplugging it. Sounds like there going backwards in diagnostics…

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My barely educated guesses might be:
The #27 fuse (as mentioned already) if not fixed already since so popular, caused me some "mysterious" issues, third brake (also stated earlier) again popular and causing seemingly random trouble, then whatever is hooked up for trailer lights and brakes. If never an issue without the trailer hook up, maybe something there.
Good luck with return trip, getting back home, and fix !!

OP
OP
J

Jamie Simpson

Reaction score
As of now they have decided (with the help of the Ford hotline) that the ACM is bad and they have ordered one and plan to install it and see if the problem is fixed. They are telling me they have reservations about this being all of the problem because normally when they unplug a bad module the rest of the system will communicate again. When they unplugged mine the system didn’t come back up so they think it has an “intermittent ground circuit short”. I have not relocated fuse 27 and I mentioned it to them but got no response. I rented a car and came on back to Macon since they won’t get the new ACM. What blows my mind is that we are a week (and a 1000 bucks in diagnosis) in and still don’t know what the problem is. I also mentioned that the actuator was only put in a 1000 miles or so ago but they said they have already checked it and all the grounds in the system and haven’t found a fault. I’m fairly proficient as far as automotive wiring and general mechanics go but I’m in over my head here. I will mention fuse 27 again for sure. Thanks everyone

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As of now they have decided (with the help of the Ford hotline) that the ACM is bad and they have ordered one and plan to install it and see if the problem is fixed. They are telling me they have reservations about this being all of the problem because normally when they unplug a bad module the rest of the system will communicate again. When they unplugged mine the system didn’t come back up so they think it has an “intermittent ground circuit short”. I have not relocated fuse 27 and I mentioned it to them but got no response. I rented a car and came on back to Macon since they won’t get the new ACM. What blows my mind is that we are a week (and a 1000 bucks in diagnosis) in and still don’t know what the problem is. I also mentioned that the actuator was only put in a 1000 miles or so ago but they said they have already checked it and all the grounds in the system and haven’t found a fault. I’m fairly proficient as far as automotive wiring and general mechanics go but I’m in over my head here. I will mention fuse 27 again for sure. Thanks everyone
The ACM is just the radio. It only communicates on the medium speed network. It won’t cause a no crank issue, it sounds like they’re just guessing at this point. And that’s a really bad guess.