No crank and stranded HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jamie Simpson

Reaction score
I appreciate your help. I am at a loss as to what to do at this point. I could ask them to stop and try to fix it myself but getting it home is a whole deal plus I left the truck I just bought and the trailer there in hopes that they would wrap it up and I could drive back up in the rental and yank my trailer home. Thanks for the input tho it helps me decide how I wanna approach this

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I appreciate your help. I am at a loss as to what to do at this point. I could ask them to stop and try to fix it myself but getting it home is a whole deal plus I left the truck I just bought and the trailer there in hopes that they would wrap it up and I could drive back up in the rental and yank my trailer home. Thanks for the input tho it helps me decide how I wanna approach this
Most rentals don’t “allow” you to tow. I found that out last week.

OP
OP
J

Jamie Simpson

Reaction score
They told me it was for sure the ACM and I gave the go ahead to replace it. They’re now telling me that something else is wrong and they’re waiting on another call from the Ford hotline could take 2 to 3 days. I finally complained to Ford corporate and have a case number and they’re handling it. They’re talking about reimbursing me for my rental car. I’ve asked him about fuse 27 three times once in an email. I appreciate the advice. I am gonna have to make a work order because they’re not listening about fuse 27 for some reason probably because they want to keep me for more money. It’s insane at this point. I appreciate your help though that goes for everyone thank you everyone for your advice and your help on here .

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They told me it was for sure the ACM and I gave the go ahead to replace it. They’re now telling me that something else is wrong and they’re waiting on another call from the Ford hotline could take 2 to 3 days. I finally complained to Ford corporate and have a case number and they’re handling it. They’re talking about reimbursing me for my rental car. I’ve asked him about fuse 27 three times once in an email. I appreciate the advice. I am gonna have to make a work order because they’re not listening about fuse 27 for some reason probably because they want to keep me for more money. It’s insane at this point. I appreciate your help though that goes for everyone thank you everyone for your advice and your help on here .
Let us know

OP
OP
J

Jamie Simpson

Reaction score
Okay fellas update time

I got an advocate from Ford corporate and she lit a fire under these guys. Despite the fact that I told them three times that I believed “and most folks on this forum believed) the problem had to be with the trailer brake actuator since it was the only new thing in the wiring they kept assuring me that nothing in that plug was attached to the communication system and they had checked all the actuator wiring and it was all good.

They installed the acm and the truck came up but still wouldn’t start. After another round with the hotline the tech disconnected the actuator and sure enough the system came up and the truck runs.

The problem is there is still an issue in the medium speed network and the next step is to check all the wiring behind the IP. The only thing that won’t work is the microphone for the phone through the sync system.

Although the advocate called me yesterday afternoon and told me the truck was fixed it was still totally disassembled when I came to dealership. She told me it was dome knowing I was gonna drive seven hours and pay for a smelly motel room and try to pick it up this morning. I sat down with the service manager and explained everything that’s been told to me and why I was frustrated. He said what do you want us to do? I said if the only thing that isn’t working is that microphone … slap it back together and I’m pulling it home with no trailer brakes .

The tech and the service manager said they were concerned that something else may go wrong on my way home but I’m willing to chance it to stop hemorrhaging money. I told them I could run down the bad wire or wires in the IP myself at home. We all three think that the trailer may be wired wrong. I checked the plug and it was right but I don’t check the wires under the trailer to the brakes but I will when I get it home

Any advice on lining out this medium speed cans network problem would be greatly appreciated. Huge thank you to Fordtechone and everyone else who has chimed in to help me figure this beast out. This is the only major problem she has given me in twelve years so I’m still in love with her lmao THANK YOU ALL! You guys are the bomb diggity!
Sincerely
Jamie