Passing State Inspection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TargetBow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the SVC Tune leaves all the sensors on so it would be ready for emissions testing?
Is there anyone running the SVC Tune that has let the tune on the vehicle and passed a state emissions test?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can ask your question in the SVC threads they will answer you.
Or just call them!

You can ask for the rear O2s to be on or off if your running headers.
For rear O2s ON, rear O2 spacers would be needed to pass inspection.
If you have the rear O2s off your vehicle won't pass inspection.

If you have stock exhaust they will be on.

Last edited:

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the SVC Tune leaves all the sensors on so it would be ready for emissions testing?
Is there anyone running the SVC Tune that has let the tune on the vehicle and passed a state emissions test?

I just installed my upgraded tune from SVC that leaves the rear O2 sensors active so I can pass inspection.

I also confirmed with Jeff at SVC that running this tune year round will not affect performance fuel economy or horsepower!

So far I am very impressed with this tune, let's call it 2.0-o2 (for o2 sensors)

TargetBow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my upgraded tune from SVC that leaves the rear O2 sensors active so I can pass inspection.

I also confirmed with Jeff at SVC that running this tune year round will not affect performance fuel economy or horsepower!

So far I am very impressed with this tune, let's call it 2.0-o2 (for o2 sensors)

Thanks for the info ramx50
I take it, you didn't actually have your emission test done with the tune on the truck because you just installed it. Could you please let me know when you take the truck to be tested so I can see that it passes with the tune on the truck. Thanks!

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info ramx50
I take it, you didn't actually have your emission test done with the tune on the truck because you just installed it. Could you please let me know when you take the truck to be tested so I can see that it passes with the tune on the truck. Thanks!

Welcome,

and no I dod not take it in for the inspection yet. I am running it through a couple key cycles and putting on some miles first but I will let you know my results when I do.

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everybody is passing the emission tests with Tunes from vendors on this Forum.

What is it that concerns you?

All I know is In MA the inspection system looks for all 4 o2 sensors to be on.

With a standard tune program BOTH 5* and SVC turn off the rear o2 sensors when you have headers so when you go for an inspection you will fail because the system reads rear bank o2 sensors "not ready".

That's why I had to install anti-foulers on my rear o2 sensors and had Jeff send me a new tune with the rear o2 sensors turned on.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's why in my previous post!!!

I said you need rear O2 spacers (or anti foulers) if you have headers, many have done this simple mod to pass inspection with headers.

Actually my last question was supposed to be directed to TargetBow, "What is it that concerns you?"

Last edited:

TargetBow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everybody is passing the emission tests with Tunes from vendors on this Forum.

What is it that concerns you?

Had a 5 star tune and could not pass emissions testing with the tune on the truck.
And in this thread, you see that others that tried have been failing and all I would like is to find out if there are other members that may have had their trucks emission tested with a tune on it and had it pass, to let me know. It is for my information only.
I was hoping to have a tune that I will be able to keep on the truck all the time, and if the SVC tune can do that, it would be great.
I thought this thread was a good place to ask this question because of the title.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I actually couldn't get my o2's to not throw a code even with spacers due to them not heating up fast enough. I spoke to Mike at 5* and got an "emissions" tune and after a few cycles and some miles I took it for an inspection and passed no problem. Then put back in the 93 performance beast mode tune!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk