Passing State Inspection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It' s not your state, it's your 5star tune. I believe, because there are so many different set ups that mike needs to write tunes for, it is just easier to shut down these sensors. I removed my 5star tune after my truck failed and have yet to reinstall it. There are other companies that offer custom tunes which keep these sensor on. What to do? $$$ What to do?

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have headers so he shit some sensors off so He sent me an "inspection tune" so I could pass...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Yes return to stock tune and drive about 100 miles and you'll be fine.

6isntenough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Return truck to stock drive it a day or two and try again to pass emission test, then once passed reinstall tune... I have to do it here in pa every year as well

bigred1097

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran my truck with headers and high flow cats for three months before doing the tune When you do the tune you should have the option for the O2 sensors on or off. You can leave them on. You should be ok. I live in MA we go through emissions every year. It will pass as long as the O2 sensors are left on. If not tune back to stock and run it for 100 miles or 3 heat cycles.