Passing State Inspection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a follow-up to this thread, I emailed Mike at 5-star and he said to return my truck to stock to fix the O2 Sensor issue. After returning to stock, I will have to drive the truck for 80 miles to get the monitors into the "Ready" state for the inspection.

TXRaptor

Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same set-up with Magnaflow catback and 5star...no problems for me in VA...I had my inspection done at the dealer...

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you get it to pass emissions now. Reading these type of threads just makes me really happy that I don't have to deal with these things in my county.

jutrast

Reaction score
State Inspection Question

I've got the 87 Economy tune on my 2010 6.2 raptor... Can I pass state inspection which includes the smog and sensor tests without returning to stock?

If I need to return to stock, how much driving before the sensors will read ready for testing?

Thanks
Toby

c-ne-elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same question for Texas smog test. Asked 5 Star and they said it would be best to return to stock but did not say for how long.

Anyone tried to pass smog without going back?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant see why it wont pass any test. The tuner doesnt change much. You dont have LT headers right? One problem is and I only read this is the tested is unable to determine the vehicle type because of the tune... Thats on a thread here somewhere

SVT 4x4

Reaction score
A lot of times these tunes shut off an o2 sensor and catalyst sensor. It will come back as "Not Ready" and you will fail here in Texas. I know this because of my tune on my SRT8 Grand Cherokee. Once returned to stock it didn't take long for them to reset. Maybe 50 miles or so.