GEN 2 Painting fenders, grill and the question is does one painted the tailgate plaque as well?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DentalDoc

Reaction score
96bc181609593cf10990600b6f05dd31.jpg
7c475a254f89c5474358eeeb1c74fb32.jpg
7d0d386e5f6f395dc2ef43fac48e6b12.jpg
Hitting the painted shop tomorrow to have fenders flares, rear bumper and front grill painted gloss black to match truck.. opinions on the painting the tail gate plaque to match?

edubpdx

Reaction score
I never understood why people paint flares, hood same color as truck. Now you have to spend more money and time applying and maintaining paint protection on parts that we get bombarded by debris. It looks good how it is. I wouldn’t do it. Spend the extra money on upgrading the sound system and brakes. That’s my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think it will look good. I have a heavily “a la carte” optioned 801a ($67.5k sticker) black on black. First off - I like the plastic covers for the Mirrors & handles- cleans up easy, doesn’t scratch, & fits the personality of the truck more. I think w/ a darker color especially (any color tho) the matched fender flares subdue the enlarged body lines of the truck- “de-Raptorize” it visually. If anything I’d contrast em- like flat black or something.

OP
OP
DentalDoc

DentalDoc

Reaction score
Any suggestions for audio upgrades for the 2018 raptor B&O sound system?

RaptorSRQ

Reaction score
I never understood why people paint flares, hood same color as truck. Now you have to spend more money and time applying and maintaining paint protection on parts that we get bombarded by debris. It looks good how it is. I wouldn’t do it. Spend the extra money on upgrading the sound system and brakes. That’s my two cents.

I feel the same. Personally the fenders set the truck apart and add to the look. And I def wouldn’t paint the tailgate appliqué. I’ve seen it done and it looks weird imo. But it’s your truck do what you want

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not crazy about painting the fenders either, but I can see the appeal. I don't know that you'll be able to paint the applique have it look right though. Feels like there needs to be a contrast there, since there is no need for there to an applique except to provide contrast if that makes sense. The fenders sever an actual purpose. and therefore it makes sense for there to be a separate piece there whether it's a contrast or match. The appliique has no purpose other than decoration, so it makes no sense to try and make it blend in. it would be liking putting a black decal on the truck...what's the point.

I actually considering paint the hood vent to match the vendors so they are more noticable on a black truck without being too noticable.