GEN 2 Painting fenders, grill and the question is does one painted the tailgate plaque as well?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not paint the tailgate applique. I also probably would not paint the flares body color either. However, given that the OEM were gray....and now that you have aftermarket bumpers which are black.... I would probably paint them the same color and texture as your bumpers

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check that... After seeing the other poster's truck, painting the applique actually looks pretty nice.

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I painted the fender flares, bumpers, door handles and mirror caps on my Black Gen 1 to match the truck. There was no tailgate applique on the Gen 1s, or I would have painted it as well. The look is called Monochrome and it makes the truck standout from the thousands of other Raptors out there today. Face it, the gray plastic pieces are ugly on all Raptors except the matching Magnetic Gen 2s, which is the reason I chose the color for mine. With Magnetic, everything blends in and I did not have to pay to have the plastic pieces painted to match. :rolleyes:

I say do it all the way, or do not do it at all.

IMG_3930.JPG IMG_3933.JPG

Magnetic Gen 2:

IMG_3341.JPG

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t like it all color matched. Also, I think OP is trolling you guys.

Reaction score
I wanted to clarify what I did with my Raptor. The color matched fenders and bumpers where done with 3M vinyl wrap. The company that did mine specializes in very expensive vehicles. By using wrap rather than paint it can be reversed in the future for a couple of hundred bucks.

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t like it all color matched. Also, I think OP is trolling you guys.
Good observation. After reading other post from the OP, you might be right.

The only thing worse than mean people are trolls.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good observation. After reading other post from the OP, you might be right.

The only thing worse than mean people are trolls.

He might be a troll with the 4" Fabtech Lift and 22" wheels! But, at least he posted unique pictures unlike many of the trolls who do not even own a Raptor...