Oil Analysis thread (post yours up!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is real simple:

Milage since last change: 4,399 miles

Oil condition: looks kinda dirty

Any off reading: none that I can see or smell

Basic conclusion:

Just drive it and don't sweat the small shit...

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Sage
I was kinda going that way....
But check out Night Raptor
3854b742cba13ccdeefae0b365ee41a1.jpg

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Sage
I was kinda going that way....
But check out Night Raptor

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

I see the information posted as well as others.

So my question is: What are you going to do about it? You going to tear down an engine looking for the problem if it exists?? I think it's a sales tool to make money.

To me, it's a waste of money.... just drive happily along until something quits then fix it.:baby:

Case in point: My last F150 ran until 250,000 miles before it puked a valve. My wifes last Exploder had 165,000 when traded, nothing ever done to it. My older F150 had 105,000 when I sold it to a buddy and he had well over 230,000 on it when it was getting weak and he parked it. My F 250D had 180,000 when I traded it for the Raptor. NONE ever had the oil tested.

I could go on for quite a while but actually, I don't personally know ANYONE that tests their oil. I would be interested in hearing from some one that actually found and fixed a problem due to the oil test (out of how many tests)??

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Do your oil changes on time, when something breaks, fix it. I've never had oil analyzed. I'm too picky and if I saw something out of spec, I'd go chasing a 'problem' that doesn't exist.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Third Oil Analysis

Here's my most recent results. My main takeaway is that it's nice that the metals (iron in particular) seem to still be low if not a slight decreased compared to my last sample. The optimist and me would like to attribute this to the magnetic drain plug, but who knows since my metal numbers weren't crazy to begin with. Beyond that, it appears that I'm likely screwed on doing extended drain intervals with the TBN numbers I'm getting. I guess I just to entirely too many short trips and idling (remote start). I am, however, curious as @Yukon Joe's TBN is lower than mine and Blackstone didn't flag his results. Maybe my lab (Oil Analyzers) is simply being conservative? Maybe @Chris@FreedomMotorsports or @Rookie can weigh in?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 10.47.13 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 10.47.13 AM.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 10.49.21 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 10.49.21 AM.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited: