Ford engineers have sick sense of humor. Oil change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone relocated the oil filter? I’m seriously considering this as this is the part of the oil change process that is most frustrating. I spend way too much time trying to get it out.
A shot in the dark here but if I turn the wheels as in a left turn and leave them there for the oil change it reduces the difficulty of getting at the filter for me. And makes it easier to get to the drain plug.

8250_RPM

Reaction score
A shot in the dark here but if I turn the wheels as in a left turn and leave them there for the oil change it reduces the difficulty of getting at the filter for me. And makes it easier to get to the drain plug.
I’ll certainly give it a shot. Thanks!

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone relocated the oil filter? I’m seriously considering this as this is the part of the oil change process that is most frustrating. I spend way too much time trying to get it out.
One of my "to dos" I never got around to cobbling together. I've had a couple vehicles where the oil filter was right on top and as easy to remove as the oil cap. Even though I don't find the Raptor oil change "hard" using a Fumoto valve, it could be a hell of a lot easier if I didn't have to deal with the OE filter location.