New to this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3h

Reaction score
Well, here I am introducing myself to this whole new world for me. By a whole new world, I mean the Ford/Truck world haha. I've always been a Euro sports car guy and figured it's time to step out of the comfort zone. I've always loved how the Raptors looked and especially the Gen 2 with how aggressive they look. Currently, I'm on the search for a 2018/19 so hopefully, I'll come across the perfect one soon!

I've attached a few photos of the car I'll be transitioning from.

IMG_1785.jpeg

IMG_1788.jpeg

IMG_3976.jpeg

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can spring for it and doesn’t cost too much more than an 18, there is an upgrade of the Fox shocks for the 19. So if you have an 18 and 19 that aren’t too far apart.., might want go with the 19. There was a minor mid-cycle improvement with the 19 (no significant change for the 20).

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck.
I also came from the sporty car world.
The Raptor is no M3, but it handles the corners surprisingly well in Sport mode.
Try to get a 2019/20 with the Fox Live Valve Shocks.
I think that they help a lot.

Michael Wong

Reaction score
Just transitioned from a lifetime bmw owner (last car was a 340) to raptor owner 2 weeks ago. I’m pretty happy about it. Lot more comfort and enough sportiness to still put a smile on your face. All while not worrying about the next speed bump or pothole. More importantly - once you get it in the dirt, you’ll be completely sold.

dilmorecg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came from/still have BMW's. My advice to you, and I had to do it before I got my Raptor and was doing research...lower your quality expectations. This is not a BMW. QA isn't the same level. My truck has panel gaps that arent perfect, some things dont line up exactly like they should, quality of the finishes isn't the same. If you can get over that then it is a great truck. I am happy I got one but I can definitely tell the difference when I drive my wifes X5. Remember its built on the same line as $30k work trucks.

A lot of positive though...its a great looking truck and you get lots of head turns. Way easier to drive around if you live somewhere where the roads aren't great and going in and out of parking lots. ie. Dont have to slow down or take driveways at an angle like with lowered cars. I daily my Raptor but keep a sporty car for the weekends/summer (e46 M3).