New Raptor Horrible experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe12345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

I am getting a new truck from the dealer.. Picking it up tomorrow..

Wow, I’m glad to hear this worked out in your favor, and I’m glad to hear that there’s honest people in the world who took care of you. Congrats

Update:

And to the reply that said that 30 miles is alot for the truck.. Most of the trucks have 25-30 miles on the dash on the lot. I am not sure why but they are all brand new, no service record or anything. Maybe its just from moving it around or testing or something?

I don’t know how much moving around or test driving gets done with these things, but it seemed every raptor I looked at had around 35 miles on it. When I picked mine out and took it for a test drive, the salesman just handed me the keys and said have fun and sent me on my way solo. I racked up probably another 25 miles on it that way, which seemed weird to me because when I bought my C7 Vette there was no test drive to be had which is my car had 6 miles on the odometer.

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And to the reply that said that 30 miles is alot for the truck.. Most of the trucks have 25-30 miles on the dash on the lot. I am not sure why but they are all brand new, no service record or anything. Maybe its just from moving it around or testing or something?

Nearly every truck Ive seen on a lot (any trim) seems to have ~20miles on it, even my special order truck that wasnt test driven. They get whatever testing at the factory, driven out to a storage lot, loaded on the train, possibly transferred around several yards/trains, driven around to the transport truck, driven around the dealer lot for pdi, washing etc... and probably across the street to fill up the tank before you get it.

Glad they were able to make you happy but at the same time shit happens, thats why they have warranties. It's pretty common with anything that catastrophic failure is either basically right away or not for quite a while. Also the vast majority of people don't really care that a whole brand new crate motor was swapped in at a dealership. If they dealership was trying to rebuild it that would be a whole other story. It's not like anything is numbers matching these days.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update:

I am getting a new truck from the dealer.. Picking it up tomorrow..

Only difference is its now black instead of white LOL

I'll post some pictures tmrw when I pick it up.

Dealer has been good to me.. Had a lawyer on standby JUST incase (no lemon law in Canada)
But didn't need it.

My family has bought 9 vehicles from that same dealer and they had a full history of our relationship with them prior to me getting ready to fight the Manager haha
I am glad it did not go that route!

Yeah, I don't think 30 miles is unusual. Most of my new cars, including my Raptor, have been in that ballpark...some a bit higher, others a bit lower. The lowest mileage car I have ever purchased was my BMW that I literally picked up from the factory in Europe. It had 6 miles on it at delivery.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Lucille had over 100 miles on the clock. Back in late 2016 when everyone was antsy to get their hands on a new Rap, Ford held them up for additional QA. She was one of the trucks tested, and they left the punch list for the dealer. Sales mangler thought I’d be pi$$ed, so he gave me the punch list and assured me they were not 4 wheeling.

I posted the punch list back in early 2017, it was interesting reading. I think there were 2 computer calibration changes, and some other minor stuff.

I watched my Ducati 1198s be uncrated and assembled with less than a half mile on the clock. Made no difference, she was the most temperamental ***** ever. 4(?) recalls, 3 ‘service programs’ I think they were called, 2 voltage regulators, 3 batteries - one completely fried thanks to the voltage regulator, busted radiator support, quarterly fueling problems, fouled plugs every year, but wanted nothing to do with being traded - dead battery and ran like dog $hit the entire way to the Kawa dealer.

hopefully OP has a much better experience this time around.

OP
OP
S

S M

Reaction score
Back on here.. Gotta say the new truck is holding up good.
Took it off road a bunch of times and it has 13000 miles on the dash now

Knock on wood though Haha