New Raptor Horrible experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it died on The first day I would be knee deep in the GM's @ass and get my money back.

Get your money or a different truck

Good luck

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most failures of this magnitude happen on start up at the assembly line. It is safe to say, some trucks get a new engine before being sent to the dealer, and the owner never knows about it.

This is not the dealers fault at all. just bad luck.

It happens. just stink that it happened to the owner on day 1.

Redleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look, it sucks, but you are dealing with a machine...I’m a pilot and once spent 45,000 for an IO 540 0 time engine...had it installed and while taxing off from the FBO it popped an oil leak and caught fire on the tarmac and burnt the mother ****** to the ground. Did it suck?? Yes...was I mad for a minute, little bit, but hey, people put it together..could have been a Friday or a Monday motor. Sorry it happened, but it could have been an airplane engine at 500 feet

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this. One thing I noted from your post...the Raptor had 30 miles on it when you got it. That's a lot of miles - I wonder why? Perhaps it was a dealer trade and driven from another dealership? Still I do wonder what, if anything happened during that first 30 miles.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As someone stated, unfortunate to say the least, but stuff happens. It can happen to a Rolls Royce, a Bentley, any vehicle, any appliance.

Hope they get you a new truck. White is my favorite color. Told my wife in 2021 if they have the new suspension, maybe the 3rd time will be the charm and I'll get a white one.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would be on the phone with the bank that financed it. The transaction could have been stopped between them and the dealer