New Owner with questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If we do not have it in stock , we can have it drop shipped to you from the manufacture . The options i mentioned do max out the time or parameters. Just gives you more adjustability

So if the factory intake is the best there is , why do some make more power when being added with other upgrades? And what makes it the best? closed lid system?

The dyno results that I've seen posted here on this forum have not shown any difference from stock intake to aftermarket ones. Sure, there may be one out there. But for the majority of the ones that Raptor owners install, they don't have performance gains as advertised.

In addition, most systems have caused problems when offroading. Either ingesting water, or the system not holding up to the constant rattling and jumping of the truck. These issues have been identified in many threads. There are fixes for them. So if someone plans to add an aftermarket intake, they should be aware of the short comings and then how to compensate for them.

There are some benefits that can be had, like better filtration. But again, one should know of the shortcomings of that system.

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The dyno results that I've seen posted here on this forum have not shown any difference from stock intake to aftermarket ones. Sure, there may be one out there. But for the majority of the ones that Raptor owners install, they don't have performance gains as advertised.

In addition, most systems have caused problems when offroading. Either ingesting water, or the system not holding up to the constant rattling and jumping of the truck. These issues have been identified in many threads. There are fixes for them. So if someone plans to add an aftermarket intake, they should be aware of the short comings and then how to compensate for them.

There are some benefits that can be had, like better filtration. But again, one should know of the shortcomings of that system.

I can't speak for all but i can speak for one . here are the dyno numbers from a bone stock truck, and these numbers are wheel numbers . Not crank and not inflated . No issues offroad , lid and very well built unit .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 7.55.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 7.55.51 PM.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 6.15.45 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 6.15.45 PM.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 85
OP
OP
BeansGT

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info guys thanks . I come from the sports car side for the last 10 years and forums are dead . I was even hesitant to join or just read and see whats going on . I appreciate all feed back weather positive or negative and can see that there is no difference in what I have delt with in the past on Performance gains and actual numbers reported by the various manufactures. The big gains are always with a lot of other mods other then bolt on and tuning. Ford leaves some on the table so they can cover that 36K mile warranty but not that much and the engineering of today is far superior to 30 years ago . So I know its hard to squeeze the HP/TQ out of these vehicles. Again thanks for the feed back and keep it coming .