New owner with troubles...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was actually super smooth. Shitbox Security is removed and wires are all pretty now. I'm still trying to decode this Maestro system, Pioneer headunit and whatever else he threw in there. I will say, when the time to upgrade comes around, I'll hit you up! I know the driver side speaker is staticy and muffled, tweeters seem broken, gain and everything else on sub settings in unit are fuuuuccc'd beyond all belief.

I'm still trying to locate the original Sony wiring diagram so I can set up the plugs correctly too.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Yeah, it was a freaking mess; side note, ill be sure to call you when I install my home entertainment system and ceiling speakers.
I did mine all by myself! Of course.....it was a new build house and I was able to pre-wire everything exactly where I wanted it before drywall went up. :) If you need to install a serious sound system or home theater system.....either build a new home around it....or hire someone. ;)

OP
OP
thatguylegit69
Reaction score
Dude, thank you. You responded at like 2am while I was still working on it, perfect timing. Its a fantastic reference sheet. Got all that figured out, removed the entire interior, fixed the broken sunroof stuff, deep cleaned it, painted all the silver trim to matte black and installed some new ass seat filters. Taking a nap before chopping the pipes off in a few hours.

OP
OP
thatguylegit69
Reaction score
". The previous owner installed a Gen 2 FoMoCo security system. This system has left me down twice now".

When you get it removed, I'd suggest you mount a clutch pedal as a theft deterrent.
I'd love a manual raptor. If mine ever goes out, I'm gonna figure out how to throw a T 56 in there. That'd be a perfect setup.

OP
OP
thatguylegit69
Reaction score
I did mine all by myself! Of course.....it was a new build house and I was able to pre-wire everything exactly where I wanted it before drywall went up. :) If you need to install a serious sound system or home theater system.....either build a new home around it....or hire someone. ;)
I actually plan to rip down my drywall, throw some thermal barrier and insulation in between the walls and run conduit through the place. I've got the basement already conduit fitted for regular electrical, LED lighting, cat 5, low voltage, and audio; all ran to each central hub, just need to run a stick in each room for future expansion.