New owner with troubles...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm a new owner to this 2012 6.2L Raptor, went from '19 F-150 5.0 to '22 F-250 6.7
Enjoying it so far, as soon as I got it I did fluid changes, full drilled & slotted rotors with heavy duty pads (towing through mountains), and just general inspection.

I've found some "upgrades" the previous owner did before and I'm trying to fix, or at least, get it to working order.
I've got the moonroof torn apart and parts are on the way, interior is near completely stripped (someone spilled at least a full 2L of soda everywhere and it's sticky as Hell), and cleaning everything I can get to.

I'm hoping someone can answer this, I did try searching and got iffy answers. The previous owner installed a Gen 2 FoMoCo security system. This system has left me down twice now and I've had it with it. I'm hoping to rip it out and replace it with an upgrade and correctly installed. But, my question, am I able to remove it and just temp resplice the wiring until i get my new one? Here's a few pics, but nothing helpful, I'm sure.

Attachments

• 20230929_071021.jpg
    20230929_071021.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20230929_070942.jpg
    20230929_070942.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 20230929_071010.jpg
    20230929_071010.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 29
  • 20230929_071042.jpg
    20230929_071042.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 28

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius

I think you can just unplug the module itself and be done.
After looking ash wiring pics... JAYZUS. that’s worse than my home entertainment system. It hurts my eyes just looking at the wiring. I’m def. over my head.
@The Car Stereo Company ; any suggestions?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford Dealer authorized alarm companies is what you want but they are not allowed to advertise.
Going to the dealer and talking to a service manager and milking him for the info to get a number is possible!!!
That's what I did.

I was able to get the Ford Gold 6 button key fob alarm and starting system.
The Ford Factory Alarms are built by Audiovox they have a tech number and were able to help me a lot.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius

After looking ash wiring pics... JAYZUS. that’s worse than my home entertainment system. It hurts my eyes just looking at the wiring. I’m def. over my head.
im being whóred out again i see.....

if any wires are interrupted, you can reconnect them after removing the module. all the ones that are just tapped in can be cut. most likely the only wires interrupted will be the starter and possibly the drivers door trigger.

OP
OP
thatguylegit69
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius

Yeah, it was a freaking mess; side note, ill be sure to call you when I install my home entertainment system and ceiling speakers.

OP
OP
thatguylegit69
Reaction score
Ford Dealer authorized alarm companies is what you want but they are not allowed to advertise.
Going to the dealer and talking to a service manager and milking him for the info to get a number is possible!!!
That's what I did.

I was able to get the Ford Gold 6 button key fob alarm and starting system.
The Ford Factory Alarms are built by Audiovox they have a tech number and were able to help me a lot.

Yeah, I've got to find someone at the dealership. Original keys are gone, system says 3 mykeys created, but I have just a single hardware store key. Need to reset door code and get a key with remote start. That'll be expensive for no reason.

I'll check that site out. Thanks!

OP
OP
thatguylegit69
Reaction score
im being whóred out again i see.....

if any wires are interrupted, you can reconnect them after removing the module. all the ones that are just tapped in can be cut. most likely the only wires interrupted will be the starter and possibly the drivers door trigger.
It was actually super smooth. Shitbox Security is removed and wires are all pretty now. I'm still trying to decode this Maestro system, Pioneer headunit and whatever else he threw in there. I will say, when the time to upgrade comes around, I'll hit you up! I know the driver side speaker is staticy and muffled, tweeters seem broken, gain and everything else on sub settings in unit are fuuuuccc'd beyond all belief.

I'm still trying to locate the original Sony wiring diagram so I can set up the plugs correctly too.

OP
OP
thatguylegit69
Reaction score
View attachment 425821

Showing a bunch of "Raptor" wires does not get the #OneLessPrius tag. Need a vehicle picture. You know better Smurf.

OP, welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with wiring issues.
1000004760.jpgI believe this is the only picture I have, other than the disaster. I'll have to snag some once I'm done with the moonroof / 10mm Vector roof turret install. Honestly, it's a rather embarrassing truck right now, since it was poorly maintained.