New owner / mpg questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JesBdx

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time listener, first time caller. Just bought a 2013 and love it so far. JLT intake, Corsa exhaust, and cat delete. Everything else seems stock and just completed my first upgrade.

Couple questions for the group:

1. Has anyone installed a leveling kit (strut type)? I have a kit from my 2010 Lariat and might want to install it.

2. My current mpg after having it for two months is 9.5. I use 91 octane and don't really hammer it. Any guesses why it's so bad?

Edit. 3. Also getting no low end response. Is this due to cat delete? What's a fix? I assume previous owner got a tune...no codes thrown from O2s.

Attachments

• 20230719_180053.jpg
    20230719_180053.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time listener, first time caller. Just bought a 2013 and love it so far. JLT intake, Corsa exhaust, and cat delete. Everything else seems stock and just completed my first upgrade.

Couple questions for the group:

1. Has anyone installed a leveling kit (strut type)? I have a kit from my 2010 Lariat and might want to install it.

2. My current mpg after having it for two months is 9.5. I use 91 octane and don't really hammer it. Any guesses why it's so bad?
Welcome, Do not install the leveling kit. Look up "mid perch mod" and do that. MPG seems low but that's showbiz.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@thatJeepguy Is there a certain tune recommended? Is this something I have to do? Or could a shop do this?
Im not a gen 1 guy but i was getting shyte milage on my commuter and it was the plugs and coil packs going bad . I gained like 2-3 mpg after i swapped them out. Its possible
The o2 sensor is making your truck run rich too.

Disclaimer… I'm not a mechanic just shooting from the hip on this one.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@downforce137 Not expecting 9.5 (yeah pretty sure it's closer to 9) when I read I lot on here get 12-13. I've owned 5.4s, 5.0s and 4.6s. Yeah this is a 6.2 but dang

the cat delete shouldnt really affect anything unless the tune is wayyyy off. the downstream o2 only checks cat efficiency and does not change the tuning rich or lean.

id start with at least spark plugs..

does the exhaust smell real bad?

my perfectly fine running gen1 with 5star 93 performance tune, long tubes, cats and CAI usually got around 11 or 12mpg all around. worse in city and slightly better on the highway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter