New OEM engine question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmp123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

So I found a new OEM crate engine 6.2L from FORD -direct drop in. Its on a stand now ready to go into a refreshed 1G Raptor.

Since we know that the 6.2L has weak valve springs would it make sense to install updated Livernois spring kit?

Engine on stand so its an easy job.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks20230713_134242.jpg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can swap the springs, but only really necessary if using power adders. oem has worked for me, other than my stupidity which caused my engine issues

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious besides the the raptor documentary if I remember correctly they bored the engine and ported and polished the heads maybe.....has anyone had experience doing this with the 6.2 and running a bigger cam? Just curious if anyone has truly done some serious mods to these engines as well as the valve springs and such? What can these engines really do with bigger cams and such? Can they create a good bit of power without the supercharger or turbos?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm curious besides the the raptor documentary if I remember correctly they bored the engine and ported and polished the heads maybe.....has anyone had experience doing this with the 6.2 and running a bigger cam? Just curious if anyone has truly done some serious mods to these engines as well as the valve springs and such? What can these engines really do with bigger cams and such? Can they create a good bit of power without the supercharger or turbos?
This is the a thread on the Livernois heads and cams. Tuning is also is a major issue.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm calling buľľshit on you having a 6.2

Why is it sitting on a tire in a fùcking parking lot

It's not on a stand, not ready to go. it's on A ghatdahm tire with a hoist just above it you fúckin dense blind rèfuck

Only place it is ready to be installed is up your asş

Where is the 'refreshed 1G Raptor" as you call it

The valve covers should be blue

What makes sense it to stop sucking çock for 37 seconds and breathe.

Fùck off and watch your children die in a fire

Last edited: