New Leveling Option - SDI Upper Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Springer01

Reaction score
I’ve seen a handful of people that experience this when running the Eibach springs on gen 2. I bet if you put stock springs back on it would go away.
That is my plan for over the weekend. I still have my original shocks with springs still on them. I sent ones I purchased used to SDI for revalving/rebuild.

erniecsays

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here actually running the SDI upper mount?

going to be removing the front shocks to install an upper arm, i’m considering switching from rpg 1.5 perch to the SDI top hat since it’s being described as being more streetable with the preload being less.

chiming in to see if anyone has any real world experience with it.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Anyone on here actually running the SDI upper mount?

going to be removing the front shocks to install an upper arm, i’m considering switching from rpg 1.5 perch to the SDI top hat since it’s being described as being more streetable with the preload being less.

chiming in to see if anyone has any real world experience with it.
I am also wondering the exact same thing, Running a 1.5 collar but considering the 1.7 top hat. I just can't seem to find much info or any pictures of how they sit. I know RPG has a new billet top hat but it has no lift just a reinforced top hat.

erniecsays

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah
I am also wondering the exact same thing, Running a 1.5 collar but considering the 1.7 top hat. I just can't seem to find much info or any pictures of how they sit. I know RPG has a new billet top hat but it has no lift just a reinforced top hat.
yup, just trying to get some real world feedback.

in all my life its always been: do not stick a hockey puck on top of your shock!

but now a 1 inch spacer is OK? just a bit confused.

perch works fine for me, rides a bit rougher but if the SDI mount is best of both worlds then would like to hear about peoples experience.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah

yup, just trying to get some real world feedback.

in all my life its always been: do not stick a hockey puck on top of your shock!

but now a 1 inch spacer is OK? just a bit confused.

perch works fine for me, rides a bit rougher but if the SDI mount is best of both worlds then would like to hear about peoples experience.
The spacer part of the SDI is way less than half. I’m waiting on Foutz uca’s and then I will install the top hats and give some feedback. I had 1.5 RPG collars on my last truck.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The spacer part of the SDI is way less than half. I’m waiting on Foutz uca’s and then I will install the top hats and give some feedback. I had 1.5 RPG collars on my last truck.
If you are going to drop that kind of coin with upper arms and all, why not just do it right and get some Fox Race Series Coilovers. Not matter what, if you add preload to the OEM spring with OEM shocks, they will lose down travel and ride harsher, especially if you are offroading and need down travel.

I personally have been going back and forth with maybe getting a set of Icon Coilovers , rear bypasses and Live Valve delete. The only reason I am looking at the Icon as the King rear bypasses are so damn loud that they sound like you have a bunch of marbles in your bed when hitting bumps.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are going to drop that kind of coin with upper arms and all, why not just do it right and get some Fox Race Series Coilovers. Not matter what, if you add preload to the OEM spring with OEM shocks, they will lose down travel and ride harsher, especially if you are offroading and need down travel.

I personally have been going back and forth with maybe getting a set of Icon Coilovers , rear bypasses and Live Valve delete. The only reason I am looking at the Icon as the King rear bypasses are so damn loud that they sound like you have a bunch of marbles in your bed when hitting bumps.
Because I’m also running E-Clik and it works better with the stock live valves than the Gen 2 FRS shocks. If and when Fox makes Gen 3 specific shocks, I’ll probably use those.

The preload from the top hat is pretty minimal, and it doesn’t move the static ride height out of the ride zone of the shock, so I don’t think it’s going to negatively impact ride, but we’ll see.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because I’m also running E-Clik and it works better with the stock live valves than the Gen 2 FRS shocks. If and when Fox makes Gen 3 specific shocks, I’ll probably use those.

The preload from the top hat is pretty minimal, and it doesn’t move the static ride height out of the ride zone of the shock, so I don’t think it’s going to negatively impact ride, but we’ll see.
With e click you can adjust the rebound as well so you should be fine. I look forward to seeing and hearing how it turns out

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to get too off-topic, but how so? Cause im getting the FRS live valves for my 20 and i have the eclik right now, SDI said it needed no change, unless this is G3 specific then ignore my peasant G2 whining.