New Leveling Option - SDI Upper Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SMIKE

Reaction score
Hey all, SDI released a teaser of their new upper mount today. Looks like they will be showing it off this weekend at off-road expo in Pomona if you are in Southern California.

I've had it on my truck for about 6000 miles now with about 1200 miles off-road miles. It's been great, no noticeable different in ride quality. Mine sits a tiny bit front high, which they are revising for the production parts. It will net 1.25" of front leveling (advertised height below is for Gen2).

Nice thing is it is a stronger design than the OEM rubber mount which is prone to breaking on both the 2nd and 3rd gen trucks.

305661553_772854067024223_1231545250287783957_n.jpg

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not a bad idea. I like this design and will work the same way a perch collar does, but obviously would require disassembly of the front shocks to get the spring and top hat off.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
these are better than perch collars because it doesn't increase the pre-load. so these will ride close to oem.

No, these will definitely increase spring preload. These aren’t just a top spacer that goes above the strut assembly like a cheap lift kit, they are a replacement top hat that bolts to the shock top nut. They are thicker than the stock top hat, increasing spring preload. They will not push all the suspension down which causes problems with the ball joints and tie rods, like a spacer lift would.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think the 1.75 should be for both gen2 and gen3 no? cuz a 1.75" spacer is a 1.75" spacer. it's just lowering the entire shock/coilover 1.75" from the original strut mount.

Like I said above, that’s not how this part works. It will give 1.75” on Gen 2 and 1.25” on Gen 3.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sssssss
No, these will definitely increase spring preload. These aren’t just a top spacer that goes above the strut assembly like a cheap lift kit, they are a replacement top hat that bolts to the shock top nut. They are thicker than the stock top hat, increasing spring preload. They will not push all the suspension down which causes problems with the ball joints and tie rods, like a spacer lift would.
ahhhh gotcha. Now that I take a closer look, you're right. My mistake.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll buy a set as soon as they are released. All the perch collars lift too much. I am looking for 1” - 1.25” max as to not achieve the retarded reverse rake look.

Last edited:

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is. Less preload equals smoother ride. It lifts 1.25” instead of a minimum of 1.5” like a collar does so you won’t have stupid looking nose high look.

NMFB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what I'm hearing is this is a MUCH better option, than say a 1.5" RPG perch collar?

Better ride quality
Better visual truck angle
Better performance
Etc...