New Leveling Option - SDI Upper Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on the SDi top hats. I stand corrected, they do use a combination of preload on the spring as well as thicken the material above the shock assembly to act as a thin spacer, so they put less preload on the spring than the RPG 1.5 collars do. Decided to give them a whirl along with the E-Clik pro.
Your theory may be correct and I agree with your philosphy of desiring less preload. However I do believe the SDI are in fact giving closer to 1.75" of lift, from applications I have seen them installed, which would still leave to questions if you are in fact getting less preload than an RPG. I personally think the Eibach 1" springs would be the best best for quality ride as compared to any spacer setup. I used them on my last 35pp GEN 3 and they rode pretty nice, much nicer than the 1.5" Camburg spacers I had before the Eibachs. The springs are a superior choice when comparing them to spacers.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your theory may be correct and I agree with your philosphy of desiring less preload. However I do believe the SDI are in fact giving closer to 1.75" of lift, from applications I have seen them installed, which would still leave to questions if you are in fact getting less preload than an RPG. I personally think the Eibach 1" springs would be the best best for quality ride as compared to any spacer setup. I used them on my last 35pp GEN 3 and they rode pretty nice, much nicer than the 1.5" Camburg spacers I had before the Eibachs. The springs are a superior choice when comparing them to spacers.
I have them in my hands, and I’ve also personally used the RPG 1.5” collars. The SDi top hats are about 1/2 the preload of the 1.5 collar. It’s about 10mm of preload vs about 20mm from what I can tell.

I was planning on using the 1” Eibach but am also using the E-Clik, and SDi strongly recommended sticking with factory springs for the E-Clik so figured I’d keep it all SDi.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Whenever my shocks need rebuilding, I'll probably go with e-click and their tophat as too many Gen2's have had issues with either Eibachs or Geiser aftermarket springs destroying the stock OEM Fox shock's tophat.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them in my hands, and I’ve also personally used the RPG 1.5” collars. The SDi top hats are about 1/2 the preload of the 1.5 collar. It’s about 10mm of preload vs about 20mm from what I can tell.

I was planning on using the 1” Eibach but am also using the E-Clik, and SDi strongly recommended sticking with factory springs for the E-Clik so figured I’d keep it all SDi.
Good to know. I almost went with the SDI spacers when I had my last Raptor. Sounds like I would have been a lot happier than I was with my camburg spacers.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Send some pix of multiple angles once you get them installed. When do you plan on putting them in?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Send some pix of multiple angles once you get them installed. When do you plan on putting them in?
They’re going in along with Foutz UCAs that haven’t shipped yet. I’m not in a rush but I’m hoping by the end of the year, but things always get busy around the holidays.

Also planning on likely adding Foutz rear spacers, but want to see what the ride height up front is before I decide what size.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They’re going in along with Foutz UCAs that haven’t shipped yet. I’m not in a rush but I’m hoping by the end of the year, but things always get busy around the holidays.

Also planning on likely adding Foutz rear spacers, but want to see what the ride height up front is before I decide what size.
please send some pix when you do of the truck on level ground with the front wheels straight so we can all get an idea of exactly how much lift they provide. I think we all wish you were more anxious to get them installed, lol.

Springer01

Reaction score
Came across this thread when doing a google search on the SDI upper shock mounts, after reading several people going this route over Eibach or Geisers. I realize this is a Gen 3 group, but I have a question that maybe some of you that seem to know quite a bit more than I do on this topic. I have also searched and asked on Raptor groups on Facebook with no luck.

I have a Gen 2 Live Valve Raptor with Eibach front springs on OEM LV shocks revalved by SDI, I also have the e-click system, and Icon leafs on back with Icon bumps (not that that matters). I have noticed a jarring/thud noise from my front end when going over washboard and uneven road surfaces at lower speeds, under 40 mph, seems to disappear at higher speeds and also gone at low low speeds like just creeping. The more I have read on this, it almost seems like my shocks are running out of down travel, but I know many people run this setup. Why would mine do this or why am I noticing this?

I even had my truck at the dealership for another issue with my memory seats and had them take a look at it, thinking I had another stabilizer end link bad so I could get everything covered under my $100 deductible. The tech diagnosed it as the upper control arms and replaced both sides, and it didn't change the issue one bit.

Just looking for ideas and any help would be greatly appreciated!

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Came across this thread when doing a google search on the SDI upper shock mounts, after reading several people going this route over Eibach or Geisers. I realize this is a Gen 3 group, but I have a question that maybe some of you that seem to know quite a bit more than I do on this topic. I have also searched and asked on Raptor groups on Facebook with no luck.

I have a Gen 2 Live Valve Raptor with Eibach front springs on OEM LV shocks revalved by SDI, I also have the e-click system, and Icon leafs on back with Icon bumps (not that that matters). I have noticed a jarring/thud noise from my front end when going over washboard and uneven road surfaces at lower speeds, under 40 mph, seems to disappear at higher speeds and also gone at low low speeds like just creeping. The more I have read on this, it almost seems like my shocks are running out of down travel, but I know many people run this setup. Why would mine do this or why am I noticing this?

I even had my truck at the dealership for another issue with my memory seats and had them take a look at it, thinking I had another stabilizer end link bad so I could get everything covered under my $100 deductible. The tech diagnosed it as the upper control arms and replaced both sides, and it didn't change the issue one bit.

Just looking for ideas and any help would be greatly appreciated!
I’ve seen a handful of people that experience this when running the Eibach springs on gen 2. I bet if you put stock springs back on it would go away.