Need better Reverse Lighting

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Lighting Forum [GEN 2]' started by Johnkn, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Speeddeacon

Speeddeacon Full Access Member

I had the same experience. Like many have mentioned, I went with the BD S2 sport reverse kit. Now I have very useful light when backing into my dark parking spot. Best $ I’ve spent so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Edbert

Edbert Full Access Member

That looks pretty cool, but I'm more impressed with your parking skills! :)

3. Cdcorn1

Cdcorn1 Member

Thanks...Old house + wide truck = tight fit.

4. Carsten

Carsten Member

Can it be connected to the reserve roof switches as well?? Because I am looking for a rear fock lamp to be installed. Just for switch on and off....German regulations if the truck goes over the ocean;)

5. goblues38

goblues38 Full Access Member

never understood why everyone on car forums is so paranoid about showing their license plate. you can't drive around with a shoe on your bumper, what's the difference with a picture?

BIG TIME BALLER likes this.
  6. Edbert

Edbert Full Access Member

I ran my backup lights to an upfitter switch just so they do not come on every time I hit reverse. Where I live those lights are illegal unless I am on private property. Besides, sometimes I use them as utility lights and want the manual control that has nothing to do with the transmission.

You usually only see it on enthusiast forums, where high-dollar and/or collectible or highly coveted cars and trucks are posted. it is possible to find out where the owner lives and presumably parks if your goal is auto-theft.

One thing I'm not sure about, I doubt many people remove the meta-data that is embedded into the file for pretty much any digital photo taken in the last decade or so. That data contains GPS information that is easier to locate your vehicle with (or the location of the photo) than a license plate lookup in the public records.

Carsten likes this.
  7. Nick@Apollo-Optics

[email protected] Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

We can put together a kit for your to power the reverse kit from your Upfitter switches, if you’d like to go that route. Just let us know!

8. f150jack

f150jack Full Access Member

PM sent

[email protected] likes this.
  9. 4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Yes you just need the following 2 cables

-10' Extension: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-pro-sport-2-pin-10-extension/
    -Upfitter Connector: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-upfitter-wiring-harness-squadron-pro-sport-s2/

We always keep these in stock because it's a common add-on when folks buy the S2 Reverse kits from us. On our 2015 Demo truck we have the Baja Designs lights hooked up to a switch instead of the reverse feed. But on our 2018 Demo truck we have them connected right into the reverse feed.

I actually prefer just tapping in into the reverse wires. No need to think about it. Its always on in reverse.

BIG TIME BALLER likes this.