My Raptor got broken into

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not for nothing, but if clinically retarded monkeys can do this in 3 seconds, what does it say about the FRF membership who didn’t know about this problem until you posted it?

And it’s not limited to high dollar stuff, Honda Accords are frequent flyer’s on the top 10 most stolen. What this is going to do is make F150 - not just Ratpor, but all F150’s subject to a higher theft rate, higher property theft rate and as a result higher insurance costs. That said, this kind of attack is pretty hard to guard against in quite a few models. I’m not disagreeing that this is a poor design choice, but pointing out that this was not a casual thief or any form of sub human. it was done by professional thieves. It could be done by lesser skilled thieves but it’s not like very wannabe thug and joy rider is dropping what they’re doing to go jack F150’s.

Well I'm just sharing information based on what happened to me and what was relayed to me from the police and hotel manager who witnessed several thefts, in addition to the 3 employees of a Ford dealership who all had their trucks stolen in the past year, in addition to this post right here with the same thing happening to him (on the same truck, in the same area, in the same week), and based on other internet research. No one is required to believe me, your call, but if you can't see a pattern here I don't know what else to tell ya. Police told me they recovered NINE F-250s out of a chop shop operation just a few days before mine was stolen.

I'm willing to bet we start hearing about this more and more over the next few months.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Yesterday while I was at work, I got an alert on my phone from the Ford Pass App that said "Alarm Triggered... security system has detected a threat and triggered the alarm." So I ran to the parking lot and there was my Raptor with the horn blowing and lights flashing. It probably took 15 seconds from the time I got the alert on my phone to the time I was staring at my truck. I noticed my console lid was up in the air. I walked around to the driver side door and there I saw the lock cylinder had been punched in and was laying on the ground and the door handle had been pried up from the bottom right, scratching the paint in the process.
View attachment 118590
View attachment 118591
(These aren't the best photos but you get the idea.)

Upon opening the driver side door with the console lid up in the air it was apparent that someone tried to open my E&G Console safe as the numbers were on "787" and I always keep it at "000".
View attachment 118592

Luckily, the thief couldn't get into the safe and once the alarm went off, he was gone. He didn't touch any of the other items in my console or glove compartment. Based on the way he entered my vehicle and the fact that he went straight for my console, I believe he was a pro looking for a firearm but he only had 5-10 seconds before the alarm was triggered.

I stopped by the Ford dealer and there was another guy there with a super duty that said both him and his coworker who also had a super duty got broken into that morning. I have owned several other trucks in the past, but this is my first Ford. In the past few days, I have learned how embarrassingly easy it is to break into these trucks.

Also, I suggest everyone setup the Ford Pass App if they haven't already.

So did you get the safe installed or did you install it yourself?

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of getting my lock and handle repaired at my auto shop.

The Jimmi Jammer, Punch Plug, Gate Keeper and Perimeter Plus Security System will be installed by the end of the week.

I'm considering removing the cylinder all together and replacing the driver handle with passenger handle like this video...

This is a great solution! Thanks for sharing.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice video. That is the route I'm going, in addition to this:

https://waylens.com/360/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItK_1iq6n4AIVCB6tBh0E6AaaEAAYASABEgJTEvD_BwE

and an additional tracking device. The camera would be useful for other purposes like if I need to have the truck worked on at the dealership.
That camera is awesome especially with the 4G Cell option you can check your truck all the time. And doesnt cost much more than a good Dash Cam and serves that purpose too.

Last edited:

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That camera is awesome especially with the 4G Cell option you can check your truck all the time. And doesnt cost much more than a good Dash Cam and serves that purpose too.

Yeah I think it looks like a nice piece of kit. Obviously easily disabled if they cut the wire but I would think with the 4G cell you could have an idea of what was going down before they damaged it. It would be nice to make sure the dealer isn't up to no good with your truck when you bring it in for service also.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I were to paint the handles and ship them, what would yall be willing to pay? Obviously OEM job, factory paint with clear and no defects.