Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

My Raptor got broken into

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by texasflyer, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Booth9999

Booth9999 FRF Addict

I like this but painting the handle seem like a pain in the ass. Anyone on here want to start making money by selling painted door handles? This seems like the best solution with jimmy jammers.

Wfo likes this.
  2. texasflyer

texasflyer Full Access Member

^I believe that is the carbon black one. Assuming you're going to paint to match, you want the primed handle: The part I ordered is HC3Z-2522404-GDPTM

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Obscure likes this.
  3. Obscure

Obscure Full Access Member

Good catch, I am not sure how their naming convention works, but I was going to run it by my dealership before doing so. Assuming you verified with someone?

Edited my other post to make sure not to confuse others.

Also, appears you are correct based on the part description.

"With passive entry, primed. Paint to match, without chrome, without cylinder."

4. texasflyer

The shop replacing my driver side handle ordered part HC3Z-2522405-GCPTM. I can't 100% confirm this is the right part for the passenger handle, but I'm pretty confident. I'll know for sure once it gets delivered.

Booth9999 likes this.
  5. Booth9999

Booth9999 FRF Addict

What was/ is the cost to replace it and painted parts?

6. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

Not for nothing, but if clinically retarded monkeys can do this in 3 seconds, what does it say about the FRF membership who didn’t know about this problem until you posted it?

And it’s not limited to high dollar stuff, Honda Accords are frequent flyer’s on the top 10 most stolen. What this is going to do is make F150 - not just Ratpor, but all F150’s subject to a higher theft rate, higher property theft rate and as a result higher insurance costs. That said, this kind of attack is pretty hard to guard against in quite a few models. I’m not disagreeing that this is a poor design choice, but pointing out that this was not a casual thief or any form of sub human. it was done by professional thieves. It could be done by lesser skilled thieves but it’s not like very wannabe thug and joy rider is dropping what they’re doing to go jack F150’s.

7. texasflyer

Around $400 for new driver handle, lock cylinder, re-keying lock, paint handle to match and labor to install at my local body shop. The Ford dealer gave me a rough estimate of $800-$900.

8. FastEddie

FastEddie Full Access Member

I believe this problem exists with many different brands and models of trucks. Hence the business that jimmi jammer is able to do. Is it stupid and should the manufacturers fix it? Yes. I don't think Ford is any different than the other manufacturers however.

9. Obscure

Obscure Full Access Member

Just curious why you arent just going with the passenger side handle that doesn't have the cylinder and wouldn't be prone to this again?

Booth9999 likes this.
  10. texasflyer

Because the auto shop I used only returns vehicles to factory condition. They wouldn't warranty their work if I had them put a different part on as they couldn't guarantee it would function properly. I just wanted to get the lock fixed and working again asap. I'm going to have to take my door panel apart again anyway when I install the jimmi jammer so I figured I'll just do the passenger handle swap then. I know I'm paying for an extra part and labor that won't really be used, but I've already accepted that loss.