My Raptor got broken into

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been researching some other solutions to combat against this quick smash n grab on at least the door windows. So far I’ve already installed the Ravelco device, this at least keeps it from being hot-wired and driven off. I’m getting ready to install the Jimmi Jammers on the doors and already have done the hood and tailgate devices.
So now I’m looking into Security film from 3m .
Seems the rear passenger door windows are more susceptible to ease of entry than the front

While I know it’s impossible to cover ever aspect of this, yet the more time it takes to break in the vehicle, the less likely they’ll stick around to complete the task, however if they’re hell bent on doing damage, they will.
YouTube link..

Last edited:

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I know it’s impossible to cover ever aspect of this, yet the more time it takes to break in the vehicle, the less likely they’ll stick around to complete the task, however if they’re hell bent on doing damage, they will.
YouTube link..

Looks like a total waste of money to me. Also in the video he attacks the passenger side @ 1:08 (woman is gone from the car lol), but breaks the driver side (at 1:12), then runs off and suddenly the driver side window okay again and the woman back in the car. You'd think 3M could make a better video...

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the video is lame, but if it slows down breaking in (regardless if you’re in the vehicle or not) it could be an option. Just depends on if the additional cost Is worth it for some.
LLumar has an 8mil film

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After watching the video of replacing the door handle it looks like you could just remove the rod and leave the original door handle in place that way if someone popped the lock they couldn’t open the door or am I missing something? Obviously your key would no longer work but it wouldn’t with the door handle change either.

Someone could still pop the lock and mess up your handle but couldn’t get in and it would probably confuse them enough to just take off.

Side note I remember in my 89 mustang GT I could open the door with the antenna by pulling out the door handle and sticking it behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After watching the video of replacing the door handle it looks like you could just remove the rod and leave the original door handle in place that way if someone popped the lock they couldn’t open the door or am I missing something? Obviously your key would no longer work but it wouldn’t with the door handle change either.

Someone could still pop the lock and mess up your handle but couldn’t get in and it would probably confuse them enough to just take off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think the door plate covers the ability to unlatch the door with a slimJim or other device.
Jimmi-jammer

Last edited: