My oct order 37 pkg at msrp is now getting a dealer markup so I'm out.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Country22

Reaction score
Just here to read the comments with laughter. Sorry brahs. It's pay to play time. Pony up or peace out.

You don't wanna pay $10k? Too bad for you msrp will be $90k with no material positive changes to the truck in a year or two anyway. I will wait for your thread when you get your future 37 package at msrp when msrp is $90k+ for the same truck you could have had today. It is what it is man.. go ask for $5k markup, but the dealer should be charging more. I can sell my truck with 4k miles on it for $105k today if I wanted to and someone will HAPPILY pay it. We gotta get over this mindset where MSRP is some brainwave fart that we can't get over. Or.. just don't buy nothing. No one cares, it won't change anything and it shouldn't. Let the market decide and correct on its own, you may have the last laugh later... but not before the rest of us enjoy our trucks in the meantime.

dilmorecg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if I am reading everything correctly on the 7500 ev credit. (its just that its a credit not a refund). I hope I am wrong. if you don't know how to handle it you need to talk to an accountant. in order to get the 7500 credit you actually have to owe the 7500 at end of the year. if you only owe 1000 at the end of the year you get 1000. there isn't a refund. its all government marketing strategies.

my wife was looking at an ev since she only drives 100-200 miles a week. not bad for her but not me. during that process is when I was getting the low down on that credit.
The EV tax credit is a credit against your total tax liability for the year. It’s not based on the number turbo tax spits out at the end for your refund. It’s based on the total tax you owe for the year. It’s capped if you owe less than $7500 (or whatever the amount based on specs and # of vehicles produced) to what your total tax liability is for that year. So if you only owe $3000 in tax the credit will wipe that out and you owe/pay 0 tax. The “no refund” comes in in that situation. They aren’t going to give you a free $4500 on top of that.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear
My father in law was trying to get a new F-350 last fall.
Dealer(s) told him they would hook him up this spring once truck hit their lot.
None of 4 would commit to price.
He ended up with a GMC since he could not even find out what the Ford would cost him.
:(