Finally order completed 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a feeling that you are actually Sasquatch.

Especially since "Sasquatch" liked your post within seconds of you posting it.

And the only thing salty is what's in your mouth.

If you aren't Sasquatch then post a copy of you sales order with the details.

Poor Sasquatch! Foiled at every turn!!

Lol

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying that Sasquatch I just felt like he wanted to burst my bubble or something but maybe I understood him wrong. I'm sure he is a great guy and theirs no hard feelings either way. I'm happy with my order and with saving a lot of money. If he is right and I don't get my truck for 10 months that will be perfect for me because I will be working out of country from December to beginning of May. So it want bother me one bit, I just didn't want to wait till I came back home to order it then it come in bout the time I had to go back out of country again. If that makes any since

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Thanks, your absolutely correct. Have a good day

Poodles84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh? What is your deal I'm kinda confused. Are you salty that I finally found a place to order my 2018 raptor for a descent price? I really figured someone might actually be happy for me but never thought anybody would be salty. My truck I should have around Christmas time if no big delays but I did order it with carbon and interior accent package with beadlock wheels. So it could get delayed longer due to how I built it as we have seen from other orders. But I'm in no way in a big hurry, I didn't really want to get one till summer of 2018 but figured I should go ahead and order now due to delays a lot of owners had. But I appreciate your concern for my custom order I did today but I really don't care what you think. I was just happy about finally ordering my truck and wanted to share if with others. But you have a good day good Sir. And troll on

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

I'm happy about my order and that's all that really matters, I could have one in my driveway right now as their are plenty in the ford dealership parking lots right now. But I chose to custom order and save money even if I have to wait awhile. It makes no difference to me. I'm rethinking posting threads on here from now on because seems like everytime I read something it's another member flaming another or just trying to bring that person down wishing bad luck on them. This completely blows my mind as to why guys on here are doing this to each other. I personally don't see any reason for this but hey I'm just pretty normal person anyway

:supergay:

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Df4801 I'm not really sure why the dealership let me order a truck under msrp, and your right it may not come in super fast and they only got 2 allocations for the 2017 and I got his first for the 2018 he told me. But all of this I can't guarantee because it's what the man just told me so I can't be for sure. Only thing I know for sure is I built and put 4K down on my 2018 that is expected to be in around Xmas time if no big delays. I've only ordered one truck before my entire life and it was a Tacoma in 2007 and it took between 3-4 months but I was deployed at time so it was ok. As long as I get it before middle of May-beginning of next June I will be ok because I will be doing security work till then down south. I didn't mean to sound harsh earlier in my reply I just been kinda excited ever since being able to place a order today because I was getting the run around by several other dealers and it was ticking me off how some of them were just so greedy and willing to lie to get me in their door.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Df4801 I'm not really sure why the dealership let me order a truck under msrp, and your right it may not come in super fast and they only got 2 allocations for the 2017 and I got his first for the 2018 he told me. But all of this I can't guarantee because it's what the man just told me so I can't be for sure. Only thing I know for sure is I built and put 4K down on my 2018 that is expected to be in around Xmas time if no big delays. I've only ordered one truck before my entire life and it was a Tacoma in 2007 and it took between 3-4 months but I was deployed at time so it was ok. As long as I get it before middle of May-beginning of next June I will be ok because I will be doing security work till then down south. I didn't mean to sound harsh earlier in my reply I just been kinda excited ever since being able to place a order today because I was getting the run around by several other dealers and it was ticking me off how some of them were just so greedy and willing to lie to get me in their door.

Hey bud, I hope you get the truck whenever you want and dont care if you get it for free. What could I possibly care what you paid for it? But it doesnt add up. How do you know Christmas time??? Do you have a Vin or a build date? If not, then you really have no idea when its coming.

I was just trying to warn you that some rotten dealers were taking deposits last year, holding the money for a year and then saying, "sorry, we couldnt get an allocation"

But if you dont need it soon, then you should be all set! Good job and congrats! I seriously mean that.

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Na no vin yet, I just built it today and was told in September they will be able to order it

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

But if something happens and by chance I have to re order one the prices are only dropping so I will shoot for a better deal if that situation arises. But I didn't get that feeling at all while doing business their today. And from other dealers I contacted several of them were also saying they could order one in September and it should arrive around Xmas time. And these were the ones wanting 5k markup so everything my dealer is saying lined up with the other ones as far as time frame. I'm just lucky I'm not in a hurry cause aslong as I get it and after saving all that money I feel good

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

How long did it take for your truck to arrive from the day you built it at the dealership? Just curious as to what the wait times were then

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine at 1k over invoice the deals are out there if you look hard enough glad you got a deal as well... congrats on your order I also was told I would have a wait for mine and don't mind at all ...Had the same situation with dealers trying to **** me over and got the best deal at a smaller dealership

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of price did you have to pay for the truck, I know that markups were outrageous in some states. I look at it like if someone had to pay a markup of 6k and had to wait 6 months to get the truck basically they had to pay a grand a month to have to wait in their truck. But also they got what they wanted sooner than the rest of us guys getting the great deals on them now so I can't blame anyone. Money is nothing when you really want something. I sure saved myself a ton it though by shopping around and a few headaches and let downs.

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Man, it was well with waiting for the 2018s to order to save all this money we saved. And I'm also ok with getting it however long it takes while keeping thousands in the bank. I didn't get as good of a deal as you but I did better than I expected. Most the guys that got the 2017s had no choice but to pay and I don't blame them but the guys looking now I hope they stay patient and don't fall for the scumbag dealers still wanting and hoping for someone to pay markup. Most dealers will actually tell you that you can't buy a raptor at msrp straight to your face but then don't know what to say when I told them dealers are selling them everyday for msrp and below now that the 1st year hype is coming to a fast end. They all started coming down then but most still stopping at around 2500 mark up.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't mind the haters.... They seem to come out when others mention paying less than MSRP.