Most likely ready to sell my 2021 Raptor 37

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone's a lil salty... a lil jelly. Yikes.
Thats one way to put it but there is also the factual side that The R order book has not been opened yet nor do dealers know their allocations. I have a very extensive track record with my dealer who said I will be second in their allocation slots to get a Raptor R but they don't know their allocation numbers yet and won't until at least after release. Could be a few months, could be a year. If you are saying now is a good time to sell your v6 G3 then I'd agree. Don't know what your other cars situation is.

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better sell it while you can! This market, yikes. Getting significantly worse by the day. Lot of people going to get upside down soon.

Last edited:

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could wake up and think different, but with (allegedly) my Raptor R on lock I feel I should unload this now. I had a lot of fun with it.. I put 6100 miles on it thus far. Just an absolute joy to drive. My Rivian is also finally right around the corner I got Guide contact so I may be seeing that in the next month or two.

I know nobody here would ever pay over sticker for a new vehicle, but if you'd prefer to pay over sticker for a used vehicle I'm your guy

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know what's funnier--you getting a Rivian; you trying to sell a Raptor w/ 6100 miles for over sticker; or you stating you are 'locked' on an R and it's not even out.

Either way take care.
Soros Fund Management disclosed it held slightly fewer than 20 million shares of Rivian by the end of 2021. That stake was worth more than $2 billion at the time, but the stock has so far plummeted in 2022. That means investors today could get Rivian shares at an almost 40% discount to where Soros bought in. Some investors are jumping in today thinking that's a bargain, but it's worth taking a closer look.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Soros Fund Management disclosed it held slightly fewer than 20 million shares of Rivian by the end of 2021. That stake was worth more than $2 billion at the time, but the stock has so far plummeted in 2022. That means investors today could get Rivian shares at an almost 40% discount to where Soros bought in. Some investors are jumping in today thinking that's a bargain, but it's worth taking a closer look.
Between him and Bozo as an investor (thankfully Ford got or is getting out) sounds like a company I'd never do biz with.

These start-up EV companies are becoming a dime a dozen and most will end up like this one that just went bankrupt: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/13/ev-start-up-electric-last-mile-solutions-to-declare-bankruptcy.html

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could wake up and think different, but with (allegedly) my Raptor R on lock I feel I should unload this now. I had a lot of fun with it.. I put 6100 miles on it thus far. Just an absolute joy to drive. My Rivian is also finally right around the corner I got Guide contact so I may be seeing that in the next month or two.

I know nobody here would ever pay over sticker for a new vehicle, but if you'd prefer to pay over sticker for a used vehicle I'm your guy. :)
you seem like the type of person with too much money to spend without knowing how the real world works, so you'll pay what it takes to "lock".

As others said, you can't lock it in right now. But if someone is verbally telling you its locked in, its probably because they worked with you in the past, and you probably paid them a 20k ADM, and they are looking to sucker you again.

But looks like you can afford to be suckered. So, enjoy the rivian lol.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are serious, you are not the first, so just post it in the garage section for sale @ $100,000 and see what happens. Good luck. And when you get that R make sure you post lots of pics and make us really jealous!

He's just bragging. Note the not-so-humble double brag in his post:

I was being facetious but I'm not going to sell it to anyone.. my tax advantage will be too great to simply trade it in for the $100k with less hassle. I'd love to give it to a member, but it wouldn't make much sense.

I wouldn't go 50-50 on his even owning a Raptor.