May have to unload my 2021 Gen 3 37 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jimmyduc

Jimmyduc

Reaction score
the problem Im having is I really like this truck - trying to find a way to keep it. Appreciate the input/insight. Thought a Bronco might suffice, but I'm thinking not...

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone mentioned Shift.com is offering the highest number, but looks to be West coast only.
There is some real comic talent on this forum! However, for those that did not get it, you should have used Shiftyshift.com.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just thought I would throw this out, I have a CO 37 with a Smart Cap, Rhino Lined hood/bed and clear Cernamic Pro PPF on everything orange as well as head and taillights that I will sale for $125k….cash. Every man has a price and mine is $125k. It has less than 200 miles on it.
-$10k for the rhino liner on the hood of the most sought after “launch” color lol

$125k? Hahaha more power to ya, who knows you may get it…..but, lil birdy told me chip & other supply chain issues will be mostly rectified by mid Q2

The shear volume of ingot/sheet business im getting into the big 3 would indicate as much, as quickly as the prices ran up, they can drop 3x as quickly

Troubleman

Reaction score
Wow moving somewhere, where I cannot keep my vehicle.

Go on... I'm listening.
That’s funny but I think I understand what he is saying. My truck won’t even fit in my garage and it’s frustrating but definitely not frustrating enough for me to get rid of... I started searching for a new home as soon as I realized it dint fit (seriously) I don’t have the yard space to have a garage built My lot is simply too small for the size house the developer squeezed on it. Parking, has always been a problem but once I added the Raptor to the stable it’s just plain nuts. The idea of having my truck constantly in the elements makes me toss and turn at night . My builder really cut corners everyday that they could. My garage wall to door is only 19ft deep, I will bring a tape measure the next time I decide to purchase a home. I kick myself every time I walk into this shallow hell of a garage.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-$10k for the rhino liner on the hood of the most sought after “launch” color lol

$125k? Hahaha more power to ya, who knows you may get it…..but, lil birdy told me chip & other supply chain issues will be mostly rectified by mid Q2

The shear volume of ingot/sheet business im getting into the big 3 would indicate as much, as quickly as the prices ran up, they can drop 3x as quickly
Believe what you will……I were 6-4 and ran the 40 in four flat, I could make 20 million per year in the NFL. https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/10/jan...er-the-past-year-even-more-than-expected.html

What if I throw in the Weathertech floor mats and drop the price to 124,000

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe what you will……I were 6-4 and ran the 40 in four flat, I could make 20 million per year in the NFL. https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/10/jan...er-the-past-year-even-more-than-expected.html

What if I throw in the Weathertech floor mats and drop the price to 124,000
I purchased my first house in 1983 and the VA loan rate was 11.5%. Vehicle loan rates were in the twenties. Nobody knows what the future holds, but the US was in a recession when interest rates were that high. It normally takes about 18-24 months for consumers to feel the impact of the Fed raising rates, but things will not get better anytime soon. That said, demand will go down for the simple fact people cannot afford loans. Prices will also go down, maybe slightly, but production of vehicles will plummet. Again, nobody knows, but if history repeats itself, bank on it. The primary reason I bought the Gen 3 was to hedge inflation. I have a 2019 Gen 2 with 53,000 miles on it and it has a long way to go, but if I am correct, the 93k I paid for the truck will be a bargain in a few years. If I’m wrong, I have two trucks that are paid off, so no big deal. Just think, before Biden, gas was cheap, the economy was strong, the U.S. was energy independent, Russia/China were in check and the crazy fat guy in N Korea stopped shooting missiles. Now, because of mean tweets, America will feel pain. My two cents!

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just sucks though...

I don't know why areas are still being built that are not at least 7 foot in height for their garages.

That’s funny but I think I understand what he is saying. My truck won’t even fit in my garage and it’s frustrating but definitely not frustrating enough for me to get rid of... I started searching for a new home as soon as I realized it dint fit (seriously) I don’t have the yard space to have a garage built My lot is simply too small for the size house the developer squeezed on it. Parking, has always been a problem but once I added the Raptor to the stable it’s just plain nuts. The idea of having my truck constantly in the elements makes me toss and turn at night . My builder really cut corners everyday that they could. My garage wall to door is only 19ft deep, I will bring a tape measure the next time I decide to purchase a home. I kick myself every time I walk into this shallow hell of a garage.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I purchased my first house in 1983 and the VA loan rate was 11.5%. Vehicle loan rates were in the twenties. Nobody knows what the future holds, but the US was in a recession when interest rates were that high. It normally takes about 18-24 months for consumers to feel the impact of the Fed raising rates, but things will not get better anytime soon. That said, demand will go down for the simple fact people cannot afford loans. Prices will also go down, maybe slightly, but production of vehicles will plummet. Again, nobody knows, but if history repeats itself, bank on it. The primary reason I bought the Gen 3 was to hedge inflation. I have a 2019 Gen 2 with 53,000 miles on it and it has a long way to go, but if I am correct, the 93k I paid for the truck will be a bargain in a few years. If I’m wrong, I have two trucks that are paid off, so no big deal. Just think, before Biden, gas was cheap, the economy was strong, the U.S. was energy independent, Russia/China were in check and the crazy fat guy in N Korea stopped shooting missiles. Now, because of mean tweets, America will feel pain. My two cents!
Bingo. Guys that think their Raptors will sell for $125k probably think the stock market only goes up too lol (well…ultimately it does, you just may be dead before you can enjoy it again lol)

Btw- how the hell did you wind up paying $93k for a 2019?!?!

Man I got good deals on both my 2018 & 2020…..

OP
OP
Jimmyduc

Jimmyduc

Reaction score
height wise it fits, but garage only 20 feet deep - Raptor length is just about exactly 20 feet overall, had it been a 21 foot deep garage it would have fit.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bingo. Guys that think their Raptors will sell for $125k probably think the stock market only goes up too lol (well…ultimately it does, you just may be dead before you can enjoy it again lol)

Btw- how the hell did you wind up paying $93k for a 2019?!?!

Man I got good deals on both my 2018 & 2020…..
The $93,642 was OTD for the 2021, which included a 5k ADM. I got the 2019 for 1k under MSRP. That was in California and I played the driving and calling around game, I wised up since. Even at that time, most dealerships in California wanted 15k over. It is not worth my time anymore. I agree with your market comment, I am waiting for a huge correction before I jump back in and it will happen.